Leviathan Bones 2/3

Mipha's POV
We all travelled with horses through Irch Plain. Link and I were both on Epona and travelled slightly ahead of the others.

"So Link," Evika wondered, "did you ever expect to marry a zora?" Link and I both looked at each other and slightly smiled.

"Well," he answered, "I think that I might've always expected it. Basically from the first moment I saw Mipha I knew."

"That's sweet. Oh and I don't know if this is true, but there was a rumor that Zelda liked you at some point. Is that true?" We all grew silent. Zelda, Link, and I looked at each other, not knowing what to say. I mean, we would joke about how Zelda liked Link all the time, but it was just between us three. Not even Aven knew about this.

"Wait," Aven said to Zelda confused, "you liked Link?"

"Uh, w-well..." Zelda stuttered.

"Wait are you for real?" Evika said in disbelief. "I legitimately thought that this was just some stupid rumor!" I knew that Link wouldn't say anything about this. Zelda is too frazzled to even speak. I guess that I'll have to say something. If I don't, Evika could twist the truth.

"Actually," I began, "Zelda and I both liked Link. But of course, things change."

"Y-Yes," Zelda shakily started, "when I found out that Link loved Mipha, I backed off. Mipha and Link had a closer relationship as well. I don't think that Link and I could ever get to that point anyway. So I moved on and eventually met Aven." She lovingly smiled at Aven and he lovingly smiled back.

"So you and Mipha never fought over Link?" Evika asked.

"Nope," Link finally answered.

"Man, I kind of wished it'd be more eventful."

A few minutes later, Link stopped Epona. The others quickly followed suit. "Link," Evika asked, "what is-"

"Shh," he interrupted her. He pointed in front of him and I looked around his shoulder. A blue-maned lynel was in the distance. It hadn't spotted us luckily. "We need to go around," he said quietly. We all nodded and began going back a bit of ways so that we could go around it easier.

Then all of a sudden, something lunged at Link and he flew off Epona. Out of fear, Epona threw me off and I fell. Zelda and Evika got down from their horses and helped me up. Aven got down from his horse and ran quickly to Link's aid. As I regained myself, I realized that Sooga was fighting Link. "Mipha," Zelda said in disbelief, "is that Sooga?"

"Yes," I answered. "we have to stop him!" I got my trident out and I caught up to Aven. We made it to Link and started helping in any way we could. Sooga eyed me.

"Back for a rematch I see," he said. "This should be fun. In killing both you and Link I'd be avenging myself and Master Kogha!" He kicked Aven in the stomach, making him fly all the way back to where Zelda and Evika were. Link and I looked at Aven in shock. Sooga then slashed his sword at us and we both dodged.

Link ran back a bit and got his bow out. "Mipha," he called to me, "stand back!" I moved back a bit and Link shot shock arrows at Sooga. He stood there shaking from the electricity for a moment. I took this moment to strike. I jabbed my trident into his side multiple times. He fell back, but then quickly got up. Before I could do anything, he appeared in front of Link and threw him all the way over to the lynel. The lynel immediately noticed him. This was not good at all.

Link's POV
I landed hard on the ground. I gasped for air because the wind got knocked out of me. Then I heard the terrifying sound of a lynel's roar. Goodness aren't we dealing with enough already?

I got up as fast as I could, but the lynel was faster. It swung at me and I fell to the ground. The lynel kept on running then turned around to get another hit. I quickly rolled and got up. I got my ice arrows out and froze it. I took this as a chance to get back to Mipha and the others. But... Mipha was running towards me and Sooga was no where to be found.

"LINK!" She yelled. Before I could react, a fist punched me hard in the face. I landed on the ground and Sooga put his right hand on my neck. He was slowly squeezing tighter. I tried pulling his hand off. I tried everything to get out of his grasp... but I just couldn't.

"So this is the Hylian Champion?" He laughed. "Pathetic. Sure, you may have been able to kill Ganon, but that was because of Zelda's help. You killed my Master, but that was because of the help you brought. This time, you will have no one. That lynel will break out any second and destroy the others... and I will destroy you." He punched me in the face again. I groaned. I felt blood trickling down my face. My vision started to go black as his hand wrapped even tighter. He grabbed his blade with his other hand and thrust it down. The last of my vision went away.

___________

Fighting scenes are SO HARD to write! Trust me, try it yourself and you'll see what I mean. I hope that I was able to explain things well haha!