Yiga Attack part 2/3

Mipha's POV
Link and I were in a meeting with My father, Sidon, Muzu, and other council members in the throne room. "Now," father said, "another thing we need to address is-" The sound of children screaming interrupted us. We all went out of the throne room to see many of the kids that were playing in Upland Zorana run down frantically.

"HELP!"

"THEY GOT THEM!"

"THEY'RE GONE!"

Link, many other of the adults, and I, ran to the children. "Please," I said quickly, "what's wrong?" Hadin pushed through the crowd to get closer to me.

"They got them!" Hadin cried.

"Who?"

"Valik and Liana! The Yiga took them!" My heart sank.

"What?!" Link yelled worried. We both immediately ran up to Upland Zorana. Link got out his sword. "Give my children back!" We looked around and a Yiga member appeared. It was Sooga.

"What did you do to them?!" I yelled angrily.

"Fret not," Sooga waved off. He threw an envelope at us. It was marked with the Yiga symbol. "You can have your children back. All you have to do is follow those instructions Master Kogha gave you." He laughed and disappeared. Link frantically picked up the note and opened it. He read it allowed:

"Link, you have one week to arrive at the Yiga Clan Hideout alone. If you fail to show, your children will never see the light of day. If you do show, I will kindly give back your children.... at a price of course. You know, two lives for one."

Link sighed angrily. I touched his shoulder. "Link," I said worried, "you can't go alone."

"I have to! Kogha can and will kill the kids if I don't show up alone."

"But he said two lives for one. Link he's going to kill you! I need to help you." He stayed silent for a bit and then hugged me.

"I'd rather it be me than them. I love you, Mipha." He kissed me and then let go of me. He walked away from me and got out his Sheikah slate.

"Link, stop!" I tried to run to him, but he teleported away before I could do anything. My hands started to shake. I could lose not just Link, but maybe even the kids too. I clenched my hands together. I needed to do something! If only I had a Sheikah slate. Well it doesn't matter now. All I can do is get there as fast as I can.

I ran down to the domain. I hurried into the throne room and grabbed my trident. "Mipha," My father said worried. "Mipha, what on Hyrule is going on?" I didn't answer and quickly ran to Great Zora Bridge and jumped off the edge into Zora River. I swam as fast as I could to Hylia Lake.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I got to Proxim Bridge and decided to get out of the water. It was already dusk. I looked to where Gerudo Desert was. I still had such a ways to go. Who knows if Link and the kids are alright? I wouldn't be able to run fast enough. I then remembered about Epona. I may not know how to ride a horse well, but it's my only option to get there fast. I whistled and Epona appeared. She winnied and I hoisted myself up. I shakily grabbed the reins. "Alright Epona," I said quickly, "let's go to Gerudo Desert." I had her start galloping.

We made it around the Great Plateau, Digdogg Suspension, and through the Gerudo Canyon Pass. We rode the whole night and I eventually made it to the stable by dawn. I quickly got off Epona and ran to the counter. "Please," I said quickly, "board my horse. Thank you!" I quickly ran off into the desert.

As I ran to Kara Kara Bazaar, I looked around at the hot, dry landscape around me. I was starting to lose hope. This sand is hard to move quickly in and thoughts of what could be happening to Link and the kids weighed me down.

I eventually made it to the Bazaar and collapsed onto my knees. I gasped for air. My whole body was aching. A gerudo guard came to my side. "Miss," she said gently, "are you alright?"

"N-No..."

"Let me take you to the inn just over here. You're fatigued."

"No... no I can't stop. I have to get to the Yiga Hideout."

"The Yiga Hideout?"

"Did someone say something about the Yiga Hideout?" It was Urbosa's voice. I looked up and she walked toward us.

"Yes, Chief Urbosa," The guard saluted. Urbosa looked down at me.

"Mipha," Urbosa kneeled, "what is wrong? What are you doing here?" I started to tear up. The weight of everything just seemed to crash down.

"T-The Yiga took my kids and Link went alone, but I know that they're going to kill him and possibly my kids. And we only have one week! And-" I burst into tears. Urbosa hugged me. "They're probably dead already!"

"Mipha, don't say that. Link is a strong fighter. He wouldn't let anything happen to those kids. Let me help you. We'll save them together."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Link's POV
I quickly snuck into the hideout. There was no one in the cell at the entrance, so the kids must be closer to where Kogha is. I carefully went around each guard, even bribing them with mighty bananas. I then finally made it to the last room and found the kids in a cell. I quickly ran over and started looking for the lock.

"Dad," Valik whispered, "you came!"

"I missed you," Liana whispered.

"Everything is going to be fine," I whispered back. "I just have to-"

"Looking for this?" A voice came from behind me. I slowly turned around to see that it was Master Kogha. He was dangling a key from a chain. "I'll be honest I didn't expect for you to get here this fast. Pretty sneaky too to avoid all my guards."

"Hand it over, Kogha!"

"That's 'Master Kogha' to you! Goodness I see where your kids get their disrespectful side from."

"Kogha, I came here. Now let my kids go."

"Remember it was a life for two lives. Pretty good deal if you ask me."

"Fine, but before you do anything to me, let my kids go."

"How about... no. I believe they should see Calamity Ganon's revenge, don't you?" He started to give an evil laugh. "I'm going to peel you like a banana!" Sooga appeared by his side, readying his blade. This is going to be a tough fight.