Uh, Welcome Home

Link's POV
"Are you sure that you'll be fine with the kids while I'm gone?" Mipha asked.

"I'll be fine," I assured. "You just worry about getting the materials to Zelda and coming home safely."

"Alright," she slightly laughed. She looked down at Valik and Liana. "You two be good."

"We will!" Valik said proudly. She then waved goodbye and started off on her mission.

I took a deep breath and looked down at the two, "So what do you two want to do first?"

"Wet's go wook for Koroks!" Liana jumped.

"Huh, I didn't know you knew about Koroks."

"Me and Liana saw one yesterday!" Valik said cheerfully. "It ran away when we saw it though."

"Hmm, then how about we go find them?" I smiled.

"Yeah!" The two exclaimed.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

We walked along the Reservoir to find anything unusual where Koroks can hide. As we walked, Valik gasped and ran forward. He stopped at the wall of a cliff and pointed at a weird structure. "Look at this, dad!" he said excited. "I've never seen this before." Liana and I walked closer to it. I put my hand on the stone.

"Me neither," I said a bit surprised. I observed the structure more closely and realized that there were actually two separate structures. They both were the exact same shape, except one of them was missing a block. "Looks like it's missing a block. Let's try to find it and put it back together."

"Yes, sir!" Valik saluted.

Liana peered over to him and copied him, "Yes, sir!" The two started looking around under rocks and behind bushes. I started looking around as well and walked around the cliff. I then found a metallic block that seemed to have similar carvings like the structures. This must be the missing piece.

"Valik, Liana," I called out, "take a look at this!" The two came running to me and stared at the block in awe. "You two think that this is the missing piece?"

"Yeah!" The two said delighted.

"I wanna carry it!" Liana insisted. She walked over behind the block and tried to push it. It wasn't budging. "Why is it not moving?"

"Cause it's too heavy for you," Valik explained. "Let me try." He scooted Liana out of the way and tried to push it as well. It moved, but barely. "Man, that's heavy! Dad, can you do it?"

"Well let's see," I said; trying to sound curious. I stepped closer to the block and picked it up. It was a bit heavy, but it was manageable. "There we go. Let's head back to those structures." The two skipped their way back and I walked behind.

"Aw man, it's too tall. How will we put that block in?"

I looked at the block and then back at the structures. This block seemed to be metallic, which meant that I could use magnesis. I put the block down and got out my Sheikah Slate. "We'll do it like this." I activated magenisis and the block started to float.

"Woah!" The two exclaimed. I then realized that this was a great learning opportunity for those two. I could teach them how to use the Sheikah Slate.

"Come here, Valik," I gestured. He came over and I handed him the Sheikah Slate. I showed him how to control magnesis so that he could put the block back into the incomplete structure. "Now before you put this block back, I want Liana to tell you where the block should go."

"Alright!" Valik nodded.

I walked over to Liana and kneeled down to her level. "Liana, do you know where the block should go?"

"Um..." she thought out loud, "the right one."

"You're right! Now where on the right one?"

She stared at the two structures and I could tell that she was thinking really hard. "Hmm... right next to that block!" She point to one of the blocks.

"Great! Now let's see if you were correct."

Valik carefully put the block in the spot that Liana said it should go. Then the block began to spin rapidly and lock in place. A white puff of smoke appeared from it as well.

"Yahaha! You found me!" A Korok appeared and was standing on one of structures.

"A Korok!" Valik said amazed.

"We did it!" Liana cheered. I couldn't help but smile knowing that they were the ones to figure most of this Korok puzzle out.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I walked away from the throne room. I looked up at the sunset colored sky. "Dad," Valik ran up to me, "it's been two days! When is mom coming home?"

"She's actually coming home tonight," I smiled.

"Really?!" He gasped. "Wait, I have a great idea! We should make mom's favorite dessert so that she is surprised when she comes home!"

"That's a great idea, Valik! We should start right away."

"Yeah! Me and Liana can get the ingredients. You go start heating up the pot!"

"Alright," I laughed.

About 10 minutes later, the two ran into the inn and set the ingredients on the bench next to me. "We got everything for the Wildberry Crepe!" Valik announced. We began the cooking process.

Everything was going fine until a bit of batter dropped onto the floor from the bowl. I stopped mixing for a second to clean up the mess... but then it got even messier. Somehow the mixing bowl topped over onto me. I was now covered in the batter and it was all over the floor. "You've got to be kidding me," I said a bit embarrassed.

"Oh no," Valik said worried. "We gotta redo everything before mom gets here!" He started to help me clean it all up. Liana, however, thought that this was funny. She dropped down from the bench, grabbed some of the batter, then covered it all over Valik's face.

"Liana," I said firmly, "don't-"

"Hey," Valik said a bit angry, "Liana!" He got some of the batter and threw it at her.

"You two stop this right now."

"Food fight!" Liana laughed.

The two started to throw batter at each other. I was doing my best to calm them down. I then noticed someone walk in. I looked up to see that it was Mipha. She looked at me, then at the kids, then at the floor, then back at me again. She smiled and shook her head.

"Do I even want to know?" she giggled.

"No," I slightly laughed. I wiped some batter off of my face. "Uh, welcome home."