Leviathan Bones part 1/3

Link's POV
Mipha and I walked into Zelda's study. Both Zelda and Aven were reading a book on the desk. Aven heard our footsteps and looked at us. "Oh," he said a bit surprised, "Link and Mipha!"

Zelda looked up quickly, "Oh, thank you for coming."  Mipha and I nodded our heads.

"Of course," Mipha smiled. "What is it about this mission you wanted Link and I to venture out on?"

"Actually, I was thinking that all of us could go. It's more than just gathering materials. Seeing pictures from a Sheikah slate just simply won't do the research justice."

"It's something more?"

"Yes," Aven answered. He picked up the book on the desk and pointed at a picture of some sort of monster. "This is a leviathan. They seem rather compelling. It'd be interesting to see how they became extinct. It may even help us figure out the geographical changes that Hyrule has been through all these years."

"So," I commented, "have any idea where they're located?"

"That's the problem. All the books we went through don't suggest a location. There is one person though that might have an answer. They're big on traveling and have proved almost every myth to be a reality. If we could have this person help us that would be great!"

"Any idea where this person may be?" Mipha asked.

"Somewhere in Castle Town. They say that they're pretty frequent at the Town Bar."

"Then let's go track this person down," I declared.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Mipha and I walked into the bar. As expected, reckless gangs, gambling, and drunks were all there. It was all mainly made up of hylians. There were a couple of Gerudo there as well. I looked over and noticed two drunk male hylians smiling and eyeing Mipha. I gave them a dirty look and held Mipha's hand. "Stay close to me," I muttered to her. She noticed them too and nodded to me.

We walked up to the bar counter and a bartender went over to us while cleaning a glass. "What can I do for ya?" He asked.

"We're looking for a traveler who knows a lot about the reality of myths," I answered. "You've seen someone around here who fits that description?"

"You must be looking for Evika," he pointed to a table to the right of us. There was a female hylian drinking and sitting with a lot of other men. "She's a big traveler and has proven a lot of myths to be real. If you plan on getting information out of her, good luck. She's not entirely open on her findings."

"Alright, thank you." Mipha and I left the counter and walked over to where Evika sat. She took a sip from her cup and looked at us.

"What? You want an autograph?" She snickered. All the other guys around her laughed.

"No," Mipha stated, "we were wondering if you knew anything about the leviathan bones. We heard that if anyone knew about them, it would be you."

"Course I do. They're real. That's all the information you're gettin out of me." Mipha was about to speak but got cut off by her. "Now if you'll excuse me 'Ms. Fish' I was in a conversation." Mipha rolled her eyes. I felt myself get a bit angry from her speaking that way to Mipha. Evika looked at Mipha a bit annoyed, "Do you not get the hint? What, do you fish not understand us hylian or something? L-E-A-V-E. There does that help?"

"Listen," I said firmly, "one: she is a zora, two: stop talking down to her, and three: Queen Zelda and King Aven would like to speak to you."

Her eyes widened. "What for?"

"It's a thing called research."

"Oh, sassy are we? I like you. Well, take me to Mr. King and Mrs. Queen." She set her drink down and stood up. She turned to the guys around her. "I'll see you boys later." We walked out of the bar and headed toward the castle.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

"Hebra, Gerudo, and Eldin," Zelda muttered to herself. Aven paced around the study thinking. "Each Region is so big. It feels like it may be impossible."

"Yep," Evika sighed. "but it's possible."

"Well," Aven paced, "out of each region, Eldin seems the safest. So I think we should go there."

"Playing it safe? Come on, considering I'm in a room that has three people who killed Ganon, I figured that you'd all be up for a challenge." We all looked at her and she shrugged. "Whatever. If you wanna go to the Eldin region, the skeleton should be in the Badlands. I suggest going around Death Mountain to get there. You avoid the heat and the rugged terrain that way."

"Very well," Zelda nodded. "We shall embark tomorrow morning. We must gather supplies immediately. How long do you estimate we'll be out there, Evika?"

"Uh, maybe a week or two." The door all of a sudden swung open and Alivia rushed in.

"Mother, father," she said excited. "Look at - look at this!" Mipha and I quietly chuckled.

"Alivia," Aven lectured, "knock before you open the door." Alivia ignored him and raised her Sheikah slate up to Aven. He took it and looked at it. He then kneeled so that Alivia could see. "What is it?"

"Look here!" She moved the map to Death Mountain and zoomed in on the Badlands. There seemed to be an outline of a skeleton! "What's that?"

Zelda looked closer at it and gasped, "Is it... the bones?"

"Here, lemme see," Evika said, leaning closer to see the map. She smiled and nodded. "Yep! That's the bones alright."

"Bones?" Alivia said disgusted. "Gross! I was going to ask if we could see it, but now I don't want to!" We all laughed.

"Actually," Zelda giggled, "your father and I were going to investigate those bones."

"Well I'm glad I'm not going!"

Evika laughed, "This kids goin places! I can already tell. How old are you?"

Alivia gave a big smile, "I'm six years old! Actually, six and a half!"

"Your parents have taught you well." Alivia giggled. She then waved at Mipha and I then left.

"This is great!" Aven exclaimed. "We actually have a map to help us. Evika, it would still be nice for you to join us."

"Eh, why not? I needed to go on a little adventure anyway."