Horseback Riding

I am finding it easier to write these fluffy pieces over the school story. I'll update my other story next week.  If you want to see a specific scenario, just leave a comment and I will write it. The next piece I think we will see some other friends coming for a visit to mix up the dynamic. Enjoy!

The next morning I woke up and quietly went downstairs. Pops was having his pre breakfast coffee and Lolly was making breakfast.
"Morning" I yawned
"Good Morning dear" said Lolly "Breakfast will be ready soon. You should go wake up Barnaby."
"Yeah he won't want to miss breakfast" I laughed
I crept back upstairs and into Jacob's room. It's weird seeing someone else in his bed.
I sat on the bed and started combing thru his hair with my fingers. He rolled over and put his arms around me.
"I could get used to waking up like this" he mumbled still sleeping
"Come on sleepy head. Breakfast will be ready in a bit" I said grabbing his hand and pulling. I'm not sure why I thought that would work. Barnaby had about 100 pounds on me. He pulled me back towards him into bed.
"Just 2 more minutes"
I took a deep breath. It felt so natural how we just fit together.
He kissed the top of my head and got up.
I hadn't realized he didn't have a shirt on. It felt like the temperature of the room went up about 100 degrees. Before my brain had the chance to tell me not to, my hands were on his muscular chest.i could feel his heart beating. He wrapped it arms around me and kissed my forehead.
"We should go get breakfast" he whispered
"You should put a shirt on first." I was barely able to speak and I certainly couldn't take my eyes off him. I might have to start sneaking out of the castle to spy on his morning swim.
After breakfast we got dressed and went out to do the barn chores before our ride. I told Barnaby to wear jeans because riding a horse in shorts is a bad idea. I had on jeans, old boots and a tank top. Barnaby came downstairs in jeans and a tight black tee shirt, but I couldn't help thinking about what lie underneath. I felt my face flush and went outside hoping the cool breeze would get my face back to it's normal color.
We walked out to the barn and I showed him what mucking stalls was. I turned on the old radio to make the chores go faster.
"Who knew this would actually be kind of fun" laughed Barnaby
"I think it's kind of fun too. Just being outside with the horses and some music. Getting lost in your own thoughts. It's relaxing."
"I like working outdoors and around animals. I've never really been book smart."
"You are great in Care of Magical Creatures and Defense Against the Dark Arts. And you do well in Charms."
"Yeah. Potions and Transfiguration I'm not good at. And is anyone good in History of Magic?"
"Rowan is" I laughed "But you know I could help you in Transfiguration and Potions. And Rowan probably wouldn't mind you joining our little History of Magic study sessions."
"Really?"
"Yeah. As long as you help me with Care of Magical Creatures. I can take care of these guys, but that's about it" I said looking at the horses. "Ok well let's go dump this wheelbarrow and we can tack up the horses and be on our way. If you want we can grab our swimsuits and after our ride we can stop at the pond. It's supposed to be pretty hot out."
"I'm in for that!"
A few minutes later I was downstairs in the kitchen with Lolly packing a picnic lunch
"You have fun loves. And you be careful. I know you have been riding since you could walk, but Barnaby hasn't."
"We'll be fine Lolly."
Barnaby came downstairs and Lolly gave us both hugs and kisses before we left.
"I think I have been hugged and kissed more in the last 2 days than my entire life combined" he said as we were walking out the door
"I told you we're huggers." I laughed
"It's nice"
I showed him how to tack up the horse and tighten the girth.
"You have to make sure it's tight. Or else you go to get on and it'll slip and you'll fall on your arse. And I will laugh. So there's your warning."
"I probably would laugh too"
I showed him how to mount Trigger. He didn't even need a block, he's so tall.
"You okay up there"
"Yeah. I feel like I need a hat"
"Well try this" I said tossing him a riding helmet. "If you do okay controlling your horse today I won't make you wear it again"
"you're serious"
"yup. if you fall off I can't pick you up if you have a concussion"
I hopped up on Ruger and we were off. I showed him the commands and we started off at a walk. We practiced steering and stopping. He was a natural.
"Why Mr. Lee I do declare you cut a fine figure on that horse" I said in my best American Southern accent like Lolly's
"I have no idea what that means, but you sounded just like Lolly" he laughed
"It means being on that horse suits you" I blushed
"Well you also cut a fine figure" It sound hilarious in his posh english accent. "No you are different out here than at school. Not as serious. Free. You look happy"
"I am happy here. And I don't have to worry about curses or anyone trying to kill me." I sighed. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Looking for my brother. Maybe he doesn't want to be found. Maybe I should leave everything to professor dumbledore and just be a normal student. Maybe I'm just being stupid. Always putting my friends in danger....."
"I don't think it's stupid. If I had a brother I would do the same thing. And we all want to help you. And I will always be here to protect you and to talk to when you need someone to listen"
"Thank you" I said fighting back tears. "I'm so glad you're here this summer"
"Me too."
"Ready to pick up some speed?" I showed him how to pick it up to a trot
"You are going to want to post. So use your legs to kind of absorb the shock.... otherwise you'll end up with a sore bum tomorrow" I showed him how to post. "You have strong legs, it should be easy for you" I winked
"Wouldn't want a sore bum" He practiced for a few minutes and did well.
"Ok now let's bring it up a bit faster"
"I'll race you to that tree over there"
"Oh you think you're ready for a race do you"
"If I win, I get to kiss you"
"What do I get if I win?"
"You get to kiss me?" he shrugged
I laughed "You're on"
He took off before I could even react
"Hey no fair" I said coming up behind him quick. He did beat me with the few seconds head start.
He jumped off Trigger and I showed him how to tie them up to a low branch.
He picked me up and backed me toward the tree. He leaned down slowly and gently pressed his lips to mine. I parted my lips and his tongue was exploring my mouth. As we broke apart I grabbed his bottom lip with my teeth and he kissed me again. When we finally broke apart again I almost fell over. It was like magic. We were both speechless for a few minutes.
"That was incredible" whispered Barnaby
"Yeah" was all I could muster
He grabbed my hand and we walked back to the horses. My legs were like jelly and I couldn't get back up. Barnaby had to give me a boost. Truth be told I didn't mind him grabbing my butt.
We rode quietly back to the pond to have lunch.
We dismounted and spread out the picnic blanket and unpacked lunch.
"I hope I didn't make things awkward." Barnaby was rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just I've wanted to kiss you ever since we met. I wasn't disappointed"
"Me either. " I slid closer so we were touching. He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek.
"How about that swim" he asked
"Sure. It is rather hot out here" I winked. I had the forethought to put my swimsuit on under my clothes. I pulled off my tank top and jeans. Barnaby sat there and watched.
"Good thinking that was. Too bad I didn't think of it" he chuckled
I pointed to a small bathhouse in the woods. "Pops built a changing room out here. It's pretty small though so you may or may not fit." I laughed
"I'll make it work. No peeking" he winked
He came out a few minutes later. I couldn't help but stare. Good thing I was sitting down on the blanket. He came over and offered his hand to help me up and spun me around.
"Nice swimsuit"
I was always embarrassed wearing a 2 piece swimsuit.
"Thanks" I blushed "You look amazing as always"
"How deep is it?"
"You can dive off the dock. That's why Pops built it. Otherwise you have to walk thru the muck"
He took off at a run and dove in rather gracefully for being so big. I walked into the dock and dipped my feet in just watching him swim.
"You coming in?"
"I will. I get in slowly." I said kicking my feet
He swam over to me and grabbed my waist.
"Not today" and he pulled me into the chilly water.
I splashed him "Stronzo"
"I hope that means 'Barnabys amazing'"
"No. it means 'asshole'" I said laughing
"Well now you are wet and it's not as cold. Race you from the dock to the other side and back again"
"I'm not really a great swimmer"
"oh come on you can start on the other side and just swim half"
"ok but you'll still win" I laughed
We got into place and he counted down. I was about halfway across when he caught up. He dove down and swam underneath me and came up so I was on his back.
"Hold on" he said and he swam with me on his back the rest of the way. I felt like I was riding a dolphin.
"Show off" I laughed "I told you I'm a slow swimmer"
"Nah. Im just really fast"
We got out to dry off a bit. I grabbed towels out of the saddle bag.
Barnaby laid back on the picnic blanket with his arms behind his head. I swear he knows how gorgeous he is and does these things on purpose. I laid next to him on my stomach and propped my head up on my hands.
"Why can't every day be like this" I asked
"Because if every day were perfect, we wouldn't have anything to compare it to, so we wouldn't know how perfect it was.....we wouldn't appreciate it."
I thought about that for a second. "I don't know why you think you're not smart. That was the smartest thing I think I have ever heard anyone say"
He rolled over on his side with his head resting on one hand
"Really?"
"Really" I smiled. "We should get going back soon for dinner. We wouldn't want to have to  change your name to Late to Dinner"
We got everything packed up and Barnaby came over to help me on my horse. He hugged me and kissed my forehead.
"Even after swimming in pond water, you still smell like clean laundry and sandalwood"
He smiled
"And I will let you help me up but just so you know, I only needed help last time because you caught me off guard with that kiss"
"And you like when I touch your butt" he winked.