Leaving the Manor

Barnaby was awake before me, reading Fantastic Beasts. It might be the only book he's ever read, but it's a well worn copy.
"How long have you been awake?"
"A while. I didn't want to disturb you, so I just stayed in bed."
His thoughtfulness was almost overwhelming.
"What time is it?" My stomach growled loudly
"Apparently time for breakfast" he chuckled
We got out of bed and I plaited my hair quickly. Bad enough Barnaby's Gran would see me in my pajamas, I didn't need her seeing my hair a wreck too. In the dining room, Mrs. Lee was sipping tea, not a hair out of place.
"What do you want for breakfast?" Barnaby pulled out a chair for me
"Oh...um...it doesn't matter I guess" I was used to getting my own breakfast.
Barnaby called Minty and whispered something to her. within minutes, I had a small bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and milk and a banana.
"This is perfect, just the way I like it" I smiled
"I know. Its what you usually get at school"
As I was eating, I noticed Mrs Lee eyeing my right hand. I completely forgot about the signet ring Barnaby gave me. It's a family heirloom. I blushed, but tried not to let on that I noticed. Apparently he didn't tell his Gran about giving me the ring. After breakfast we had a few hours before we had to get back to my house to catch our train to the farm. It was a warm and sunny morning, so we went for a walk near the pond.
"I take it you didn't tell your Gran about my Christmas gift. I don't want to cause a rift in your family"
"I didn't tell her. We actually don't talk much. But it's not her business"
"She kept staring at me and if looks could kill, I wouldn't be here right now"
"Don't worry about her" he kissed my forehead "You're the only one that matters to me"
We arrived at the pond and the water looked so refreshing. I stripped down to my underwear and bra and ran in. Barnaby followed suit and jumped in. He quickly swam to me, popped out of the water and  pulled me into a kiss. The warmth of his body so close to mine was too much to handle. I pulled away and as I did I felt a pinch on my butt.
"Hey! What was that for?"
"What was what for?"
I felt it again "What the..." I tried to spin around, but the water slowed me down. As I turned, i suddenly realized my underwear was missing. "What's in here? Something bit me I think...and stole my knickers...."
Barnaby started laughing
"I don't think this is funny, how do I get out of the water?"
"Hold on one second." He dove under water and was down there for quite a while. I was starting to get worried, when he surfaced holding a brown ball. With legs? It has my knickers in it's mouth.
"It's just a plimpy." He grabbed my knickers from it's mouth and gave them back to me. "She wouldn't hurt anyone, just being playful"
"Tell that to my arse" I said I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't really want to put my underwear back on after being in a creatures mouth, but I also didn't really want to get out of the water with nothing on.
"What's wrong?" Barnaby must have read the dilemma on my face
"Don't laugh"
"Well now I'm probably going to laugh..."
"I don't really want to put these back on after they were in that things mouth....but I can't get out of the water either" I blushed
"OK. How about if I go grab you a towel. Do you have extras in your bag?" he pointed at my undies
"Yes. And that would be amazing" I sighed with relief. As much as I loved Barnaby, I still felt shy about him seeing me with nothing on. My body has changed so much in the last year, that I'm not quite comfortable in my own skin, let alone someone else seeing that skin.
He must have ran the whole way there and back again, because he was back very quickly with two towels and my bag.
"I didn't want to go through your things" he blushed "So I just brought your whole bag. I'll go behind this tree and you yell to me when you're good"
"Thanks" I said. When I knew he was out of sight I ran up and grabbed a towel to wrap it around me and pawed thru my bag to find something to put on. I found an extra pair of knickers, butnoextra bra but I did find a tank top so I put that on with my jeans.
I poked my head around the tree
"It's safe" I said quietly trying not to scare Barnaby
"Oh good. I forgot to bring the other towel with me"
"Merlin's beard, you should have said something. I would have hurried up"
"It's fine" he chuckled as I brought him the other towel.
"Well that was an adventure" I laughed
"Yeah sorry about the plimpy. I'm so used to them, I forget."
"It's ok. It's funny now that it's over."
"It was actually funny when it was happening, but I was afraid to laugh."
"So embarrassing."
We got back to the manor and I helped Barnaby pack up for the summer. He put Marie in her crate, which she actually didn't seem to mind. Downstairs, we found his Gran.
"Mrs. Lee, thank you for having me. It was a pleasure to meet you."
She simply nodded at me and turn to Barnaby
"Should I expect any more family heirlooms to go missing?" She gestured toward me.
"I will give MY possessions to whoever I wish to have them. If you are unhappy with our... arrangement, you are more than welcome to find someplace else."
I squeezed his hand. I know he doesn't like to confront his Gran, even when she is out of line"
"You ungrateful troll! How dare you speak to me that way. If your father were around..."
"Well he's not. And even if by chance he does get out of Azkaban, which is unlikely, everything has already been passed to me. He will not be welcome here"
"You are an embarrassment to the Lee family name"
"I think we disagree on what embarrasses the Lee name." And he spun around and led me to the fireplace quickly.