Bowling

The first week passed by quickly and it was the morning everyone was set to arrive. I noticed the time and bolted across the hall to Barnaby's room.
"Hey sleepyhead" I whispered
"What" Barnaby didn't open his eyes
"We overslept. Everyone will be here soon"
"Ugh" He rolled over and covered his head with his pillow
I heard a knock on the door downstairs and ran to go let them in.
"Hey guys. Listen, Barnaby is still in bed. Go get him" I whispered to Bill and Charlie
Rowan and Penny giggled as we hugged.
"That thing you asked for in your owl? I have it in my bag. But you better tell me everything" Penny whispered to me
"I will. Later" I whispered back
A few minutes later, Bill and Charlie came down the stairs laughing.
"I think next time he'll get up before we get here" laughed Charlie
Barnaby floated down in his shorts. I caught a look at his face and we all burst out laughing.
"Charlie found your makeup..." Bill could barely speak. "Lucky I'm 17 and can use magic outside of school now. The 2 of us wouldn't be able to get him downstairs"
Barnaby's face looked like a clown. He was laughing so hard tears were streaming down his face
"Don't plan on going into business doing makeup" laughed Penny "That looks horrible"
"Alright let him down, I think he learnt his lesson"
"Tergeo" Bill magically cleaned poor Bs face
"Alright, that was a dirty trick. I'll get you two back" he laughed "If I knew you were sending them up I would have gotten up"
"Well next time you'll listen when I tell you we overslept..." It just occured to me I was not dressed either. I crossed my arms in front of my chest hoping no one noticed. They did. At least Bill and Charlie. They snickered at me.
"We better get dressed and grab some breakfast. I have some plans for us today!"
That afternoon we all liked into the back of the truck and pops drove us to the local bowling alley.
"What is this place?" Charlie looked skeptical
"Bowling. It's a muggle game. You pick out a ball that is the right weight and has the right sized finger holes. You throw the ball down the alley and try to knock down all the pins. you get 2 tries and then it resets."
"That's easy enough" shrugged Barnaby
"No. it SOUNDS easy enough. Actually doing it is a different story" laughed Penny. She was the only other one who has gone bowling before.
"I'll keep score. It get confusing with strikes and spares. A strike is if you knock all the pins over in one go. A spare is if you knock them all over in 2 goes." I explained "And you get to do it all wearing funny shoes"
Penny helped Rowan pick a ball. I helped the boys and showed them how to hold the ball.
"Ok. I'll go first. Watch me and just do what I do"
I grabbed my ball, and walked up to the alley swinging my arm back and released it gracefully. I got 8 pins on the first go and picked up the spare on the second.
Barnaby was next.
"Do you want some help the first time?"
"No. I got this." He picked up his ball and mimicked my moves....but he threw the ball too hard and it kind of bounced down the alley.
"At least you got 2 pins" I said "But you want to roll it more that throw it. Just keep your wrist straight and roll it down the lane"
He did better the next go and knocked down 3 pins.
Bill ended up being really good and gave me a run for my money. By about the middle of the game, Barnaby and Charlie decided to just be silly and try different methods. Like thru the legs, and spinning throws (Which obviously didn't end well).
"I always love seeing Barnaby and Charlie together" I said to Bill
"Yeah, it's nice to see Charlie open up to someone. He's pretty quiet most of the time and all he ever talks about is dragons. Barnaby doesnt seem to mind"
"Are you kidding? He loves talking about anything creature related. But I also love seeing them act silly. He needs that. And it's cute"
"Charlie said he invited you to his manor. How'd that go?"
"It was great when it was just us" I blushed remembering what almost happened  "His Gran is horrible to him"
"Yeah. My dad told me about his parents. And don't think I didn't notice you blushing. Your face gives you away"
"Don't worry. Nothing happened" I mumbled
"You sound disappointed?"
"I don't know. I mean we weren't prepared. He's the reasonable one. He always stops things. I hope it's out of caution and not something else..."
"Oh trust me it's not anything else" laughed Bill "It's a big deal. I'm sure he's nervous."
"Why am I talking to you about this?" Bill was like a big brother to me.
"Because you have no one else to talk to about it?" Bill shrugged
I shook my head laughing resting my head on his shoulder. Bill put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.
Rowan and Penny sat with us while Barnaby and Charlie bowled an extra game. The term "Bowled" being generous.
"Who wants to take a bet on who complains about their arm being sore tomorrow first?" asked Rowan
"I bet Charlie" I laughed
"I'll take that bet!" said Penny
"I wouldn't" said Bill. "Barnaby is the best beater at Hogwarts. I doubt throwing that ball around is going to matter"
"I don't know. It's pretty heavy. I think Charlie's got too much pride to complain anyways" laughed Penny
"Hey Penny, Let's go get some food and drinks" I really just wanted to talk to her and we were the only ones who knew about muggle money.
"I'm so glad to finally talk to you alone" sighed Penny "I think you have something to tell me"
"Oh Penny I'm so glad to be able to talk to someone." I told her what happened at the manor
"You're lucky one of you was thinking straight, although I'm a bit surprised it was Barnaby. He's not exactly known for thinking of any kind"
"Penny that's terrible. He's actually very smart...just not at school things."
"So when are you guys planning to...you know"
"No solid plans... I think I just want to be prepared..."
"I'm just glad I was able to hide it from my parents. If they thought it was for me .... I would die of embarrassment"
"Thanks for taking the risk."
"You better tell me everything when it happens. But remember it's only lasts for a week."
"I remember. Thanks Pen"
We brought back a couple of pizzas and soda.
"This is the most amazing muggle invention" Barnaby said between bites
"Glad you like it." I laughed
That evening it was supposed to rain so Bill conjured a massive tent.
"I'm so glad you're 17 now. I don't think we would all fit in our 2 little bedrooms" I laughed
"This is like a little cabin more than a tent" Penny was wandering around. There was a kitchen and bathroom and plenty of sleeping space.
"I can't believe this is your last year at Hogwarts" I told Bill. Barnaby and Charlie were off goofing around and Penny and Rowan went to sleep. "What am I going to do without you?"
"We still have a year. And you'll be fine. You have a huge group of friends and you seem to pick up a couple new ones every year" he laughed
"Yeah but you might be my best friend. I mean we have gone on every adventure together."
"I might get your best friend?"
"Ok ok you ARE my best friend"
"Let's worry about it next year huh?"
"I guess" I put my head on his shoulder
"Hey guys" Barnaby sat next to me and put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.
"I better get off to bed" Bill said standing up
"Charlie's already there" Barnaby joked
"You and Charlie are so cute together" I said once Bill left
"Oh yeah? Hopefully not as cute as us" he laughed
"You know what I mean I love seeing you acting silly and joking around. You are pretty shy around people at first, so seeing you open up to Charlie...it's nice"
"I guess we both have Weasleys as best friends"
"Yeah. I'm going to miss Bill. Hogwarts won't be the same without him"
"You got a whole year yet"
"I know. Oh hey, Penny brought something with her" I winked
"You asked her?" his face turned red
"I did. Did you not want me to?"
"Well I did. I do. Really. But now she knows"
"It's ok she won't say anything. Are you that shy about it? We were together all last year. I bet people assume we already have"
"I don't know.... I guess I'm nervous about it."
"That's what Bill said, but..."
"Bill knows too?" I could feel the heat radiating from his body. "I might die of embarrassment"
"Don't be embarrassed. Maybe talking to Bill will help you talk through it. If it makes you feel better, I'm nervous too"
"Not really. You are amazing at everything you do. You're perfect. All I ever do is mess things up"
"That's not true at all. You are good at loads of things."
"What am I amazing at?"
"Quidditch. And I may not have a lot of experience, but you are one hell of a kisser. The first time you kissed me I almost fell over"
He grinned and leaned over and kissed me just like our first kiss. He kissed down my neck to my collarbone, which always made me giggle.
"Ticklish are we?"
"I always am" I yawned
"We better get to sleep. I think it's late...or early?...I guess it depends on your perspective" He picked me up and carried me to bed.
"I love you" I mumbled when he climbed into my sleeping bag with me
"I love you too"
"You're beautiful." and he was. The moonlight hit his face and highlighted the masculine angles of his jawline
"Not as beautiful as you. Now go to sleep" he whispered