Letters

I had such a hard time writing this part. I knew where I wanted to go, but not how to get there. Hope you enjoy!

Bill,
I was talking to Barnaby and he mentioned that Charlie seemed weird when he was here. Like he didn't want to be here. And I'm worried that be might be upset about something. He seemed fine when he and I were riding horses. Do you think maybe you could talk to him without letting him know I wrote to you?
Thanks love!
Tiffany

I received Tiffany's letter and thought about Charlie. I should talk to him to see what's going on.
"Hey Char." I said that night as we both lay in bed. Charlie was reading one of his books about Dragons. "You've been quiet lately. Quieter than usual anyway. Anything going on?"
"Nope" he said sharply, letting me know the opposite was true
"Hey. You can tell me you know. You haven't been yourself. You haven't been sending any owls to Barnaby even. You guys always have letters going back and forth. Did you have a row?"
"No" he sighed "I'm just not in a talkative mood alright?"
"Ok...but if you won't talk to me, maybe I should mention it to mum. She can talk to you about it"
"Why can't you just leave it be? Oh you can't because you're Bill fucking Weasley. The oldest. The prefect. The head boy. The best curse breaker in the school. The good looking brother. I'm so tired of being second choice for everything and everyone. And now, I just had to help my best mate fuck the girl that I wanted. But she doesn't want me. She wanted Barnaby. The Quidditch star. I can't even have fucking Quidditch. And now I feel like a shitty friend. I'll always be second place Charlie who's obsessed with dragons and doesn't care about anything else."
"Why didn't you ever say anything before?"
"You two have been inseparable since our first year. She would never choose me over the great Bill Weasley"
"I never would have been a choice at all. Neither she nor I are interested in anything other than being friends, Charlie. If you would just talk to me, you would have known that. And you know if you two were together, Barnaby would never have stepped in."
"I know that. That's what makes this worse. He's been a great friend. If he knew any of this, he would probably quit Quidditch. He probably wouldn't give up Tiffany though."
"No I think he would fight you on that." I chuckled
"But that's why I feel so terrible about it. He would do anything for me and I can't even be happy for him. He was dealt a shitty hand with his family and I know he would trade places with me in a heartbeat. Why can't I just be happy that he is finally getting a bit of the life he deserves?"
I didn't have an answer for him. Do people really treat him like second place to me? Has he always been this insecure?
"You just need to be as good a friend as you can. If you need to take time out to work through your insecurities then do that. But you can't just walk away from the two of them. They love you like a brother and I know that might not be what you want right now, but you will at some point. And Tiff and Barnaby wouldn't want you to walk away. You might want to think about telling one of them...."
"No way. Barnaby would be pissed at best and kill me at worst"
"So talk to Tiffany?"
"Yeah that won't be awkward or anything. 'Oh hey I know you are super in love with your boyfriend but I kind of like you too'. No. And you aren't going to say anything either. I'Ll work it out on my own, but you keep your mouth shut"
"Alright. But you can talk to me about stuff you know."
"I know"

Tiff,
Charlie was just feeling a little under the weather. He's fine now. We'll see you soon!
Love,
Bill

Bill,
I'm so glad. Barnaby was worried that Charlie was upset with him. Barnaby thinks of Charlie as a brother. I know you guys have enough brothers already haha. But B is
sensitive about things. He is always worried people he cares about will just leave. His family treated him terribly, so he has a lot of insecurities. I just feel protective over him because I know how he is. Anyways, hope all is well at the Burrow. Send my love to your parents.
Love
T