Detour

We stepped into the fireplace.
"The Leaky Cauldron" Barnaby shouted clearly
"Why did we come here?" I asked confused
"I need to clear my head before we go to your house. I don't want your parents seeing me angry."
"I can't believe she spoke to you that way" I knew he hated being called troll.
"She always does. I'm sorry you had to hear it."
"I'm sorry you have to live it" I put my arms around him and I felt the tension in his body release.
"The usual Lee?" The bar man asked
"Thanks, Tom"
"Miss?"
"Um...the same as he's getting"
We took a small table in the back
"Come here often?"
"Often enough to know the bar man."
"And to have a usual. You can talk to me you know. You are always there for me with all the cursed vaults stuff"
"Exactly. You have enough on your mind without me adding to it"
"No. That's not how this works. It's not one sided.You need to have someone to talk to."
The bar man brought over 2 shots of Pure Malt Whiskey
"I didn't know this was your usual" I laughed "Remember last time?"
"I do" he smiled "Tom's a good bloke. He doesn't ask any questions. I've been coming here since I was 12. He used to give me pumpkin juice. He knows my family and I think he understands without me saying anything"
We both downed our shots quickly
"We have about an hour to kill. Do you want to go to the Menagerie and pet the puffskeins?"
"I don't think I have ever loved you more than I do right now" He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles lingering a moment longer than usual.
At the Menagerie, Barnaby hurried straight to the puffskeins. I wandered towards the cruppies and around the the other animals. I  leaned against the cruppy kennel and watched B with the puffskeins as the climbed all over him. I never see him smile as much as when he is with creatures. He finally noticed me staring and waved me over. We sat together in the middle of the puffskeins and laughed as they tickled us with their fluff.
"That was exactly what I needed" Barnaby said on our way back to the Three Broomsticks.
"I know" I smiled "I love seeing you with creatures. You never look more happy"
"I'm never happier, except when I'm with you" He bent down and kissed me
"You know, as much as I adore how kind and gentle you are, it was kind of sexy seeing you stand to your Gran. Seeing you take control like that...." I gave him a devilish grin
"Oh really? How about this?" He led me around to a dark alley and pressed me against the building. He kissed me roughly. I was so shocked I couldn't catch my breath. When he finally pulled back I was gasping for air.
"Are you ok? I didn't mean to..."
I didn't let him finish his sentence. I pulled him by his shirt collar into another desperate kiss.
"Now that that's out of my system, let go back to my house. I didn't have much time to pack for the summer"
"Have you written to Bill and Charlie? Are they going to be coming soon? And Penny and Rowan?"
"All 4 will be there next week. Bill and Charlie can stay a few extra days. I think they like getting away from the younger kids for a bit"
"I think the Burrow is fun."
"Me too. But we also live in mostly empty houses"
We picked up Barnaby's bag and Marie from Tom and stepped into the fireplace.