Epilogue

Scarlett

"I thought just like the movies and the books we all had fun to read, you and me will end up together. Ever since gusto na kita. You're sweet, charming and beautiful." I can see twinkle on his eyes as he say those words. Tapos na kaming kumain, I can see na harmless naman si Rence kaya pinag bigyan ko na ito.

And now, he surprisingly confess his feelings towards me.

"Naalala mo ba noong nagkagusto ka kay Jax? Ako 'yong lagi mong pinag ki-kwentuhan aside siyempre sa mga kaibigan mo. Gustong-gusto kong bugbugin ang lalaking 'yon pero hindi pwede kasi gusto mo siya. Akala ko hanggang doon ka lang, na gusto mo lang siya pero nalaman ko nalang ikakasal ka na pala sa kaniya." Tumingala ito at nakita ko ang pag-galaw ng kaniyang adams apple. I know, he is hurt. And I don't know if kakayanin ko ang mga sasabihin niya. Pero kailangan, because I know this will be our closure.

"I saw you walk in the aisle. I saw you cried in joy. I saw the two of you kissed as the priest told you're husband and wife, officially. That was the end, lalo na ng tumagal kayo. But when you and Ferrer broke up nabuhayan ako ng loob. Imagine Scarlett? I have love you for many years now, sabay tayong lumaki at nasa tabi mo ako sa lahat ng mile stones ng buhay mo. But faith is really cruel, maybe I really am destined to be your friend. Just a friend." I can't stop my tears from flowing in my eyes. My best friend is hurt. At ako ang dahilan nun.

"I'm sorry Rence. I'm sorry." I said in so much sadness in my voice.

"Akala ko ako talaga e, kasi naghiwalay pa kayo ng gagong Ferrer e. But again destiny pushed me away from you. You left our place and I struggled so much just to find you. At oo nahanap kita pero tang*na ma'y mahal ka ng iba. I ask repeatedly, kailan ba ako magkakaroon nga chance sa best friend ko? And then tita proposed a deal that I agreed to. Akala ko magiging akin ka na, pero akala ko lang pala. I'm fought so much, I fought hard enough. Pero mukhang hindi talaga tayo para sa isa't-isa. You're destined to be with him."

I nodded. He is now crying and so I am. Mas marami lang talaga ang volume ng mga luha ko kasi hormones, you know.

"You're my boy best friend Rence, ayokong mag level up ang relationship natin kasi I want you by my side until the end. Ayaw mo ba nun, walang LQ, walang break up? We'll be forever best friends." I said and dried my tears.

"Remember this, hindi mo pa man maintindihan ang lahat ng 'to. You may have a lot of questions running or your mind, but still, one day, dadating ang babaeng para sa'yo. Someone who would go crazy without you. Iyong babaeng hindi ikaw ang maghahabol, iyong babaeng hindi ka paiiyakin. Maybe we're just destined to be friends." He looked at me and nodded his head.

"Huwag ka na ngang umiyak. You look like a gay." I said and laughed. He dried the tears on his eyes and stood up.

"Can I hug you?" He asked.

I smile sweetly and open my arms wide.

"Of course, Rence. Hali ka nga." I replied at agad naman itong lumapit. I hug him so tight. If only I could erase the pain he is feeling. If only I could take it back from him. He deserves someone who can love him.

And I know that girl is having her life now. I hope she and Rence crossed paths now so that my best friend will forget about his feelings towards me.

"Ang sakit mainlove sa best friend." He whispered kaya agad kong sinapak ang likod nito. I was going to pulled out when he hug me even tighter.

"I can't end this moment without saying this words to you Lett."

"I love you and I'm willing to forget about you." He said that sends butterflies on my stomach.

"Thank you, Rence. Be happy."

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER!"

Agad akong humiwalay kay Rence ng marinig ang boses na 'yon. My eyes widened to see my pangga with a couple of man wearing black. Some where even pointing guns.

"Okay, I'll be surely dead." I heard Rence said.

"No! Of course not! I will never let that happen." I said and looked at Sebastian.

"Pangga please tell them to put their guns. Rence is harmless." Dumilim ang mukha ni Sebastian.

"Harmless? He kidnapped you for goodness sake pangga!" I smile and looked at Rence.

"Stay still, lalapitan ko." I said and he nodded.

I walk faster para maabot ko ito. Lumambot ang expression nito at niyakap ako ng mahigpit.

"I don't like your smell now, amoy lalaki." He said that made me laugh.

"It was just a friendly hug pangga. I and Rence talked. He didn't do something that would put me and our baby in danger."

"You did not text me. Natural na mag panic ako pangga. You're bearing my child." I nodded and held his cheeks.

"I know, I understand. Now tell them to put their guns because Rence is harmless." I said while looking intently with her eyes. His eyes softened and nodded. He motioned them to put their guns down at umalis ang mga 'to.

"I thought he kidnapped you." He said and reach for my lips and kissed it.

Nakita ko ang pag-iwas ng tingin ni Rence. Pangga pulled away and looked at Rence.

"We'll talk man. Just YOU and ME." Madiing saad ni Sebastian at walang nagawa si Rence kundi tumango. I put my hands over his waist as we walked outside.

"Hintayin mo ako sa kotse pangga, I'm just going to talked with him." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Pangga promise, I swear walang ginawa si Rence. Uh, he just confessed about his feelings and he told me that he loves me and that he's willing to forget about me." I said trying to convinced him.

"I understand, don't worry about it pangga. I'm just going to settle some things. If you two needs closure, I'm sure we need too." He playfully said. I chuckled and nodded.

"I love you Ezekiel Sebastian Alonso."

"I love you Scarlett Jimenez-Alonso." He replied and kissed me on my lips.

There are moments in life that we get hurt. Siguro dahil sa parents natin, sa mga taong minahal o mahal natin at sa mga taong nag mamahal sa atin. However, the truth is, in life we really have to walk in rocky roads kasi one day marerealize lang din natin na we kailangan pala nating daanan ang hirap o mga pasakit bago natin maabot ang tunay na kaligayahan.

Just like me, I had to marry someone I thought I'll spend the rest of my life with. I gave him my love and almost offer my self, pero hindi talaga kami para sa isa't-isa and that explains how his wife ended up entering our lives. I needed to meet him to learn lesson and to learn how to love. And I never regret having heart aches in my past if it means spending the rest of my life with Sebastian.

Our love story is clichè. It is somehow boring and lame but this is my life, our life. And I'm sure every story has it's own lessons to be learned and to be tell and I hope we told you something.

At this point, I wanted to say how contented I am with the life I have. I am Scarlett Jimenez and soon to be Ferrer. I was in love, hurt and lost. But now, I am with the love of my life and I'm bearing the fruit of our love.

I'm proud to say that I'm in love with Sebastian Alonso and that once upon a time I was trapped in an island with the lost billionaire.

-The End-

Thank you po sa mga nagbasa, nagbabasa at magbabasa pa lang.

Scarlett and Sebastian are now signing off.

Tine