7 - Dreaming of a Dream

"Hello Ranboo"

Ranboo awoke with a start. He felt hot.

"What the heck was that?" He thought out aloud.

"Oh nothing"

He frantically looked around. That's when he realized where he was.

A pitch black void with nothing around him. He was floating in an area that resembled nothing, and everything at once.

"Wh... who are you?" Ranboo called out.

The voice laughed. It's voice resembled that of a speaker with confidence, yet malice.

"I don't really have a name yet. You could give me one if you wanted, but with enough time I'd think of one. Now Ranboo, how did you end up here?"

Ranboo thought for a moment.

"I... I went to sleep. I must be dreaming... right?" Ranboo asked.

Once again, the voice laughed.

"Maybe, maybe not. You never really know, huh? I'd say you most definitely are, but maybe you most definitely aren't! Not my call though. You should ask yourself."

Ranboo's head was starting to hurt. The voice really was messing with him.

"I am. I am dreaming." Ranboo told himself.

The voice sighed. Ranboo hoped that the voice wouldn't say anything else to mess with him.

"Of course. You see, you're smart Ranboo, but confident on the other hand? Definitely not."

Ranboo looked up, as if he'd see anything. He tried looking around again, but saw nothing.

"Anxiety is your weakness. Without it, you'd have more friends. There's nothing I can do about that though. Anxiety really is a though obstacle isn't it?"

Ranboo hung his head. He felt like this voice was trying to make him feel bad about himself. He had never really felt like this.

He thought of Tommy. Confident, happy. Traits he wanted.

He thought of Toby. Energetic, kind. Triats he wanted.

He thought of Charlie. Enthusiastic, funny. Traits he wanted.

He thought of Wilbur. Pretty, unafraid. Traits he wanted.

"You sure do think of them a lot, don't you?"

Ranboo, again, looked up. He sighed.

"I want to wake up." He told the voice.

"Alright, alright. Just give me a moment."

Ranboo waited in silence. No sound was made. Ranboo couldn't even hear himself breathing.

Suddenly, his vision blured. He could hear the blood pounding in his ears.

Ranboo began panicking "Wh... what... what's going on-"