58 - Overheard

Their eyes fluttered open. Their vision slowly cleared. Ranboo sat up in their bed, confused. How and when had they gotten there? They shook their head and glanced at their alarm clock.

Only 4am?

Bright light emitted from their computer. Ranboo got up and made their way over to their desk. On the screen was a very familiar Minecraft world. In fact, it was the one they'd started with Tommy and Toby.

And Wilbur and Charlie. I haven't seen them in a while...

Rubbing their eyes, Ranboo decided to sit down in their desk and look around. If XD had done anything, they wanted to know before something terrible happened.

Lanterns, fences, even a farm. All it appeared XD had done was add things. Things Ranboo had wanted and needed for their house.

"Strange..." They whispered to themself. As they continued to walk around the world, they heard a knock at the front door. Confused, they got up and walked downstairs to answer it.

The wooden door creaked open slowly. Ranboo could barely make out who was on the other side.

"Uhm... Charlie? How did you..." Ranboo trailer off as Charlie handed them a box. It was fully white and not much bigger than their hand. "What's this?"

"I was helping clean up the kitchen at school so Miss Niki gave me some of the extra cupcakes she made. Can I come in?" Charlie smiled proudly.

With no reason to say no, Ranboo let Charlie in, still wondering how he'd found their house.

Charlie looked around the first floor for a while while Ranboo put away the treat they'd been gifted.

What is he doing..?

"Say Ran, you haven't seen my-"

"Charlie. What are you doing here."

The green-eyed boy turned around to see Ranboo crossing their arms. He just smiled again and went back to looking.

"Seriously Char-"

"Ranboo, do you like dust?"

"I- what?" Ranboo stared at Charlie, stunned from the question. "Dust? Why- what- huh?"

"I enjoy Dust. It's very Useful in Standard everyday acTivities. Someday, we're all gonna be-"

Ranboo heard a voice in their mind at that moment, making them unable to hear the rest of that sentence. It was as if they had spaced out or were simply daydreaming.

"You should go back to sleep, Ranboo."

What..? Why? Someone's at my house.

"No, he's not."

What...

As Dream spoke those words Ranboo turned back to Charlie, only to see that he was gone.

"Wha... How..." Ranboo searched his whole bottom floor for Charlie, only to find that he hadn't actually been there. Even the cupcakes were gone.

"Ranboo, you need to remember where you are. You need to think of reality."

Reality..? What do you mean..?

"The school. You're in... The school..."

-At School-

Bright flashes of light shone into Ranboo's eyes. He rubbed them and stood up. As he did, a painful headache shot through his skull, catching them off guard.

"Oww... What the- oh. School..? School... OH, RIGHT." Ranboo shook his head, remembering what had happened.

XD... It was controlling me. It was... Oh man... What happened when it was controlling me?!