2: Holy Shit That's Captain America

{Song: People I Don't Like by UPSAHL}

~Edited~

The look the man in the suit gave me was full of shock and slight panic, he immediately wonders if I was part of the organization called SHIELD but he pushed his emotions down before offering his hand. 

I shake it as he speaks, "I wasn't given a name, only the alias Chameleon. Is that you?" He questions. I nod in response, having heard that name in the scientists minds when they refer to me back at the compound, before the guards usher us into a car and we are driven away from the airport I landed in. I watched as we drove through a city, not sure where we were but there were so many buildings and people. 

"We have an asset who is assigned to take care of a man named Nicholas Fury and he is ready to be given the green light but we need something that Fury possesses first." Pierce tells me as he hands me a file with a picture of a dark-skinned man who has an eyepatch over one eye. 

'All he needs is a peg leg and he would be a pirate' I thought sarcastically as I flipped through the file. He was Director of SHIELD which is the agency that Pierce had thought about earlier. "Stark works for this agency, yes?" I ask with barely concealed distaste. 

Pierce looks up with a curious tweak in his brows before shaking his head slightly, "Tony Stark is a third party involved in part of SHIELD but I doubt he would see himself as an agent." He replies. I don't respond mainly because we turn sharply to enter an underground parking garage and swing into a spot. The door is opened and I step out behind Pierce, 'Remember your training of how to act like a good little dog and always follow after your master' I think snidely. 

I follow him as we get in the lift and we are brought up to the top floor of one of the skyscrapers. The guards step out of the lift first but don't move any farther, even after Pierce and I walk farther down the corridor. The room we stop at is dark and has only one other person in it, an extremely fit man with dark hair that almost reached his shoulders where I was taken aback when I realized one of his arms was made of metal.

My mind flew back to the image that I had seen on the plane and those scientists who had mentioned a HYDRA asset with a metal arm, but I couldn't see his face. He was wearing some kind of mask with goggles on, so the only way I knew he acknowledged us entering was a small shift to sit up straighter. My movements turned stiff, the recent vision and the fact that there was an actual man with a metal arm made me tense.

I got an unnerving feeling after I took a seat at the table in the room, across from Pierce and as far away from the other man as I could get. I had tried to get his name from his mind when I entered the room but it was blank. And not a clean slate blank, it was like a rabid bear had been in there looking for food, the only clear thought was of this mission involving the pirate dude. 

I mentally cringed away from the masked man and instead turn to Pierce who had been talking. His mind was wide open, the masked man was known as The Winter Soldier and I also found the source of what was wrong with his mind in Pierces' memories. Brainwashing, mind manipulation, and re-programming. Trying to take my mind off of the man, I focused on what Pierce was saying. 

He explained how I had an hour to try and get some kind of hard drive from pirate man before he has his team take him out. He gave me the location of his office, a few floors below where we were right now, and then gave The Winter Soldier the order to get to his other location. I was the first to move, standing up I morphed into one of the agents that had followed us up here. I heard the surprise in Pierces' thoughts but the only movement the masked man gave was a small movement of his head as he turned it to watch me. 

I nodded at them, and then turned and left the room. As I passed the man I was currently pretending to be he did a double take but had no time to react as I punched him and he fell to the floor, unconscious. The other guards started to react but Pierce called out from the end of the hall that it was alright and I was allowed to ride the lift down to the pirate mans office.