29: Wait, That's An Infinity Stone

{Song: Crazy Beautiful by Andy Grammer}

~Edited~

The hospital released Bucky three days later with the instruction to not do anything too active for at least two more weeks. I had refused to leave him during those three days but Steve was the same way, both of us taking shifts in getting food from the cafeteria. As we were waiting for the doctor to come back with the release papers, Steve turned to me with an apprehensive look and I knew immediately what he was going to say.

"Just put it on." I groan as I stick my wrist out.

"It's the fake one still, but we can't have everyone see you without it on since your cover is still secure within SHIELD." Steve tries to explain as he clasps the dampener back on my arm slowly, as if I was a rabid animal about to bite any moment. All I do is roll my eyes, "Guess that means I get to put my acting skills to the test again." I mutter out as I play with a thread on the hospital blanket.

Bucky's large hand covers mine and I look up to meet his warm blue eyes, "At least you won't have to pretend with us anymore." He says softly, squeezing my hands before moving away as the doctor came in to release us.

The drive to the tower was quiet, Sam and Steve had sat up front so that Bucky and I could be in the back together. I had my head leaning on his metal shoulder and was gripping his hand as if he would fade away any second. When we got closer to the building I had to scoot to the other side of the car so that no one would accidentally see us from cameras.

It was the end of the day, but as we headed up to the lobby, security was still in full scale and we were forced to go through it before being able to continue up to where the others were waiting. Sam was in front of us with Steve, so they were halfway through when I realized I was supposed to be acting again and I turned my head towards Bucky while twisting my lips into a smirk. He saw my look and his eyes hardened as he got ready for whatever I was about to say.

"Oh no! Spangles," I raise my voice so a few people around us turn and watch, including both Steve and Sam who were through security, "It's a metal detector. His worst nightmare!" I say mockingly before holding my wrist with the dampener out and stepping through the metal detector. It gives a faint beep but nothing major as the bracelet was detected.

I turn around as I step to the other side with the smirk still on my face, "What do they do for MRI's? Take off your arm and put it with your personal belongings?" I snark at him as he takes a step forward. I watch with a frozen expression as he simply walks through the detector and up to our group, the machine not making even a small beep.

I roll my eyes and whip my hair around my shoulder before stalking to the elevator and impatiently waiting for them to catch up. As soon as we were alone in the elevator and it was high enough I relaxed and glanced at Bucky. He sends me a small smile, "Vibranium." He says in explanation while turning his metal hand around.

"Miss Maximoff, Mr. Stark would like me to inform you that you have a visitor." FRIDAY's voice announces as we step off the elevator. I furrow my brows and shrug my shoulders in response to the three questioning looks I got from the men as I head towards the living room.

"Who-" I stop short when I see a strange woman standing uncomfortably surrounded by the others, all of them on guard as they size the woman up. I blink harshly a few times as I try to place where I know her face. She looks up from where she had been staring blankly at Tony who was trying to look stern and locks eyes with me.

"Alika, you're here. I wasn't sure if you would be, but I knew James Barnes was here and that was your designated receiver. I know it's a bit early but when I got news that the compound had been bombed I got the first flight out here." The woman had tried to move a bit towards me but Clint held out a hand to stop her from going further.