23: Good Morning, How's The Weather?

{Song: Silence by Marshmello(feat. Khalid)}

~Edited~

"Sir, thank you for coming down." The lead scientist was waiting for MacCaibe when the elevator doors opened and started to walk beside him down the hall.

"Have you wiped her?" MacCaibe avoids any small talk and wants to get the asset out in the field as soon as possible. When the scientist nods, an almost pleased emotion leaks out of MacCaibe's cold mask. "We need her at Facility 32 immediately, SHIELD got intel that we had resumed operations there and I need it cleared of all important research before they get a chance to strike, and I will be sending her to distract them." MacCaibe tells the scientist who just nods, staying quiet as they enter the room.

"Have you found a way to avoid having to wipe her after each mission we send her on?" MacCaibe turns towards the trembling scientist as he is given the man's full attention.

"I'm afraid not sir, since she is strongly telepathic and has a lot of influence over memories it has been difficult to keep her in line. Even having her wear the dampening cuff isn't taking away her ability to communicate telepathically anymore. It's almost like she is adjusting to them... adapting." The scientist explains shakily while walking towards his monitor to hide from the glare of his boss.

"We may have found a way to keep her from reading memories and thoughts, and also take away her own memories." A female scientist pipes up in a squeaky voice. When prompted to continue she pulls up an x-ray, pointing at a section of the brain, "We removed this section in her hippocampus. During testing we noticed how this was the section that lit up with activity when she was doing most of her mental manipulations. With her healing it will regrow, but it will most likely take between two days to a week for her to regrow the whole section. We can remove it again before sending her back into the field." She explains and MacCaibe nods approvingly.

"We will send her out at dawn then." MacCaibe states as he folds his hands behind his back and walks towards the window to see his asset. She was sitting with a straight back and staring directly at him even before he had walked into her view. Her blue-green eyes were empty of emotion, and after a brief moment of eye contact she turns her head and stares at the wall opposite her.

~~~~~~

"Buck, I don't think it's the best idea for you to come." Steve tries to convince his friend who was currently loading his suit with knives and flexing his new vibranium arm.

"She might be there, I have to go." Is the only reply Steve got.

"That's the exact reason why you shouldn't come. Would you be able to fight her?" Steve asks softly this time. He places a hand on Bucky's shoulder, pausing his friend's movements.

"Would you?" He asks, tilting his head but refusing to looking up to meet Steve's gaze.

"Guys, we're heading out now...." Sam enters the room and pauses as he sees the position of the men in front of him, "You coming?". Bucky shakes Steve's hand off and turns on his heel while sharply nodding and trudging past Sam towards the elevator, sticking his last few weapons into their sheaths as he walks.

When the three men got to the quinjet, everyone else was already inside. Clint and Nat were in the pilot and co-pilot seats, like normal, and when they saw the three men get in they quickly take off.

"So what's the plan?" Pietro asks from his spot next to Wanda. Both of them were slightly jittery but just like Bucky they had refused to be left behind if there was a chance that their sister was going to be at the facility.

"They will most likely have some sort of forcefield to protect us from penetrating the facility so that is Vision and Tony's priority." Steve starts off, "They might meet us outside, so we need to try and keep the fight away from the main building in order for Nat to get in there and secure as much information as she can." He finishes.