16: Focus On One At A Time

{Song: LazyBaby by Dove Cameron}

~Edited~

The portal appeared at exactly ten the next morning, and I stepped through alone. The room that I stepped into reminded me of a grand hotel lobby, lounge chairs were set up on either side of a grand staircase. Strange was waiting at the top of the stairs, he folded his hands behind his back as the portal closed behind me. 

"Good morning, follow me." He states before briskly walking into an adjoining room making me have to jog up the stairs to catch up with him. He led me into a room that was completely empty except for a table, a tea tray, and two mats. Strange sits down on one of the mats and motions for me to sit down on the other one. 

"I believe that projecting yourself into another universe should be fairly simple for you," He starts off as he pours some tea into two cups, "If you keep your mind open and think of other worlds, you should see glimpses of them and go from there. Tea?" He slides one of the cups over to me and takes a sip of his own. 

"I must warn you before you attempt this. I believe that when you project yourself into another Universe, you will become that version of yourself. While you will still have control on what you do, you will have the personality of that person and knowledge of that person as well. I also think that anything that happens to your body while you are projecting might happen to you here, maybe to a lesser extent but this is unknown territory. So be careful. And, well, try not to die." He elaborates cautiously before motioning for me to drink the tea. 

I hesitantly take a sip of the tea, grimacing at the bitter taste it left in my mouth. I take a deep breath and nod before closing my eyes and trying to think of a different world. I felt my eyes burn and a cold rush spread through my body as if I was being dunked into an ice bath. Then flashes of images flew across my eyelids. 

Thor with an eyepatch, a bearded man with what looked like sharp swords in his hands, a flying man surrounded by fire, A large purple guy on a throne, Ultron standing on a pile of rubble, Sam and Bucky with short hair sitting down at what looked like an interview, me and my two siblings running through a city. More images popped up but they were coming in faster and I could feel my chest constrict as my breathing sped up. 

"Alika, slow down. Focus on one at a time." I hear Stephen's calm voice break through the bubble I had been in. I think I nodded my head and then flipped through the images until I saw one that interested me. I mentally grabbed at it and my head feels foggy and dizzy as it felt like I was falling through air. 

😈😈😈

I land hard on my feet, my eyes flying open as an explosion blasts me from behind. I spin around just as Steve runs out of the building that was now on fire with Nat right behind him. They see me standing in the middle of a deserted street and slow to a stop a few paces from me. Steve had his arm slung around Nat's shoulders and they both were laughing at something. 

"What's wrong Mimic? Where's Buck?" Steve asks. My mind was running a mile a minute, he looks like the Steve Rogers I knew but his stance was more aggressive and his face had no trace of the righteousness I was used to. I open my mouth to speak but am interrupted when I was grabbed around the waist and spun around. 

"We got company. Hey, doll." Bucky leans down and claims my lips in a possessive kiss, his metal hand grips my ass as he holds me up off the ground, my legs instinctively wrap around his body. I grind into him as his tongue breaks in between my lips and tangles together with mine. 

The sound of sirens in the distance getting closer causes us to break apart and he lets me slip back to the ground. "Company's here." Buck groans as he tosses a large duffel to Steve and heaves another up over his shoulder.