14: I Didn't Know

{Song: We Belong by Tom Felton}

~Edited~

The rain provided pretty good cover, but it also made it so we couldn't hear or see if any patrol was nearby. Luckily, I could keep my mind open and hear stray thoughts of anyone in our vicinity. I ended up leading Nat towards the building, evading two groups of agents who were circling the treeline. We stopped at the edge of the clearing where the facility was to allow me time to focus on blending us as well as I could with the constant change in rain. 

I grabbed Nats arm and imagined us fading into the greenery and trees, squeezing her arm as a sign to start moving slowly. She takes the lead and I direct her by sending her mental messages about where guards are situated. 

By the time we made it to the wall of the building and I blended us to it, my energy was starting to slip away. I watched as Nat set up the device on the keypad and we waited anxiously until it turned green and the lock slide off. I let Nat go through first after making sure the coast was clear, and then I followed. I placed a rock against the door to keep it propped open just enough to not set off the alarm but not enough to make it obvious that it was open. 

"Ladies, you're lucky I looped the camera feed. Because if anyone other than me was watching the live feed they would have seen the door open by itself." Tony's voice comes through my earpiece. 

I let go of Nat once we were inside and we quietly rush towards the file room, "Thanks Shellhead." I whisper in response. I was following behind Nat when she pulled back and pushed her back against the wall. She motions towards the hallway we need to get to and then holds up two fingers. I mentally poke around and nod when I feel two minds in the hallway. 

I hold up my hand and feel my eyes glow blue, leaning out into the hallway just a bit I focus on the two men and watch as they freeze. Without having to hear what I would have told her, Nat goes up and electrocutes both the men. I let go of them and they immediately drop to the floor, unconscious. 

"Status update." Steve's voice asks in my ear. 

"Shit." I say as a third man exits one of the rooms in the hallway. He was dressed as a scientist so he didn't have a radio to call for help like the two unconscious men do. He stares at us with wide eyes, and before he could react I had punched him in the face and he drops to the floor, out cold. 

"Language." Steve mutters over the coms. 

"We are in the file room." Nat informs him right as we step into the room the scientist had left. After a brief sweep to make sure the room was empty, Nat grabbed a flashdrive from one of her pockets and inserts it into the main server. 

The large screen in the front of the room along with most of the smaller ones on the desks start up and various files open up. Nat mass selects some before diving down to find the file we need. As she was searching I watched as photos and videos were uploaded onto the drive. 

Most of them were blueprints of buildings or pictures of other HYDRA agents and their information. But then the videos started to play. 

My hand clamps over my mouth but I still let out a whimper that alerts Nat to my distress. I can't take my eyes off the screen though, the videos were playing at a fairly fast speed but there were going to be months worth. I would know, because they were recordings of my time in the Storeroom. 

"What happened? Ali's vitals have spiked." Clint speaks up, his voice filled with concern. But I don't move, it feels like I was frozen in place as all the things I have nightmares about are downloaded into the flashdrive we brought with us. 

Nat was trying to say something, but my ears were filled with a ringing sound that was only getting louder. Even when the videos blurred as my eyes filled with tears, I still couldn't look away as one of the scientists explained how he was going to extract spinal fluid and the screams I had made at the pain as it happened.