18: You Didn't See That Coming?

{Song: Hearts Content by Brandi Carlile}

~Edited~

Stephen opens a portal in the middle of the living room but lets me step out first to make my small announcement. I step into the room, disrupting a heated argument between Thor and Tony.

"MAN OF IRON, YOU WILL BRING FORTH MORE OF THE TREATS!" Thor was yelling in a slight rage, wielding Mjölnir and looking like he was about to slam it into Stark who was hiding behind the couch that Nat and Steve were sitting on.

"I already ordered more boxes, blondie! Chill- hey Ali." Tony is the first to see me standing in front of the still open portal and stands straight when he spots me, giving Thor an opening to throw his hammer at him.

I lunge forward and snatch it before it can hit Tony and he gives me a grateful look as I toss it back to Thor while emitting a calm emotion into his being. He rolls his shoulders back and sits down on a chair with a huff after setting his hammer down on the coffee table.

"Doll! What happened to your side?" Bucky says in a concerned tone as he walks up to me.

"Oh, well I got stabbed during a bar fight with a man who had these really big claws. He wasn't the one who stabbed me... You know what, long story but I'm fine." I explain in a jumble. He nods, very confused, before returning to his seat at the kitchen counter.

"Ali, what is it?" Wanda asks as she notices how I was still standing near an open portal. I hesitate, not entirely sure how to explain what I had done. As I was trying to figure out how to explain it, Barton enters the room and wanders over to me to peer into the portal.

"Umm, well. I don't exactly know how to say it. But I might have done something." I stumble out as I fiddle with my fingers. I look around the room to make sure everyone is present, but then Steve speaks up.

"Did you learn anything?"He asks from the couch, he was twisted around to look at me.

"You look good with a beard." I blurt out before thinking and end up slapping my hand over my mouth in embarrassment while many of the others found my statement hilarious.

"Is that what you wanted to tell us?" Nat says sarcastically as she turns and slings her legs across Steve's lap so she could watch me. I press my lips together nervously before glancing back at the portal.

"Uhh, Stephen." I call out towards it. I hear a shuffling on the other side so I turn back and keep my eyes on Wanda, who was looking back at me with furrowed eyebrows. I give her a nervous smile but don't elaborate.

I don't react as a blur of blue flashes past me out of the portal as it closes, the breeze created blows my hair into my face. I brush it back just in time to see everyones reactions, a mix of shock and disbelief as they see the person now standing next to me.

"You didn't see that coming?" Pietro asks with a large smirk on his face as he absorbs the attention. Wanda lets out a small cry and then she runs towards him and falls into his arms, tightly gripping his shirt. Pietro chuckles lightly before looking at me, "Umm." he mutters and I nod.

"Wanda, for him it has only been about an hour since Sokovia. I explained everything I could but this might still be weird for him." I say as I gently put my hands on their shoulders. Wanda nods and slowly releases Pietro's now crinkled shirt.

"Ali.... how?" Tony asks as Barton gives Pietro a hug, much to Pietros surprise.

"Oh, well. I might have time travelled back to Sokovia and after everything with Ultron was over I might have taken Pietro's body and reversed everything so he was never killed." I say in a single breath.