Chapter 16

George sighs softly, pushing back into the warmth behind him. Dream's arms tightens around his waist, nuzzling into his neck and scenting his scent gland. The Alpha-Omega pair had begun to trust each other a lot more. They were much more comfortable with each other and Dream no longer pressured him to mate with him.

Though, the Alpha can't help but wonder when his next heat was.

"Good morning," Dream mumbles, lips moving across his neck.

"That tickles," George growls good humouredly, an arm reaching back to push him away.

"Oh?" Dream smirks and begins to press his fingers on the side of his stomach, deliberately - and effectively - tickling him.

George couldn't help but let out a series of laughs, squirming and struggling to push the hefty Alpha away from him. "Stop!" George giggles. But of course, the Alpha doesn't stop.

Until a soft, but noticeable clattering sound was heard.

George freezes. Dream stops tickling him and tilts his head in curiosity as he looks at the floor. The orange pill bottle he has hidden under the bed frame must've gotten out of place from the shaking.

"Wait-" George tries to say but it was too late as the Alpha reached down, eyebrows furrowed as he read the label.

The Alpha doesn't say anything for a long minute, eyes still glued onto the label on the pill bottle. He sits back on his knees, hands clutched against the bed sheet, eyes averted down.

Why do I feel guilty?

His old self wouldn't feel guilty. I mean, it wasn't like he chose to be an Omega. It wasn't his fault that Omegas were looked down upon in society. So why does he feel this way?

George glances up and obvious disappointment was shown in the Alpha's expression. To George's dismay, he could smell the anger that began wafting off of Dream's signature pine and apple scent, turning sour, like a rotten apple.

They were just starting to be good to each other. And then this happens.

"You need to stop taking these," Dream finally breaks the long silence. "They're going to make you infertile, especially since you've been taking them for years."

George shakes his head. "I don't want to risk a heat nor do I want to risk mating with you."

Dream opens his mouth but nothing comes out. He wanted to say "what's wrong with having pups?" and "when will I be enough for you?" but he opted to stay silent. He knows it's wrong of him to ask so much from George, especially since he never wanted to be here in the first place. But still, the wolf counterpart in him that will want pups or a mate will never go away.

The Alpha sighs before placing the pill bottle onto the bed besides George. "I'm going to go get some fresh air." Dream gets off from the bed and leaves the room, leaving George alone in the house.

He feels his heart break seeing the back of his Alpha's back. He was starting to miss the comforting scent of pine and apple.  

_________________________________________

Feb 27, 2021: 

sorry for the super short chapter. just got back into writing so its a little short

Ao3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Wolfleap

Twitter: https://twitter.com/wolfvixenleap

Discord: https://discord.gg/6bZUvHBzy9