Chapter 18

George:

Hey, Darryl

Darryl:

George!! ( ' ▽ ' )ノ

How have you been?

George:

I've been... alright for the most part.

Darryl:

...

Call me

George sighs dejectedly, falling back onto the bed. He's been hanging out in the bedroom for the most part, snuggling up in blankets and pillows. As hard as it is for George to admit, he missed being with Dream. Staying in the bedroom makes him feel closer to him, as his scent is the strongest there. George clicks on the call button for his best friend. In a second, the other Omega picks up.

"Hi, George!" Darryl greets.

"Hey," George smiles slightly. "How are you doing?"

He hears the other Omega sigh sadly. "I didn't conceive this heat."

"You'll have more heats to come, Darryl. Besides, you're still young - you have plenty of time," George reassures him. Though, he personally can't feel the same desire to have pups that Darryl has.

"Anyway," Darryl quickly goes back to sounding like his normal self. "Let's talk about you, that's why I made you call me. I can tell that you're lying when you say that you're alright. Talk."

"The truth is," George starts, his mouth opened but he couldn't bring himself to say it.

"The truth is...?" Darryl prompts.

He sighs. "The truth is that I miss being with him. We haven't been talking since he found out about the pills-" He hears Darryl gasp softly and George grimaces. "Yeah, he found out when the pill fell out from where I hid it."

"You like him don't you?

Both Omegas were silent for a minute with George sitting in thought and denial and eventual realization.

"Yeah, I do," George admits. "Only a little though..." His eyes averting to the mirror closet door which reflected the slight blush on his face.

"Doesn't it feel nice to love? To be loved?"

George bites his lips. He wouldn't consider it love... yet. "But I don't want to live my life as a typical Omega. I want a degree, a job so I can support myself too. I don't like relying on people this much."

"He's your mate George. Nothing can change that, unfortunately." Darryl softened his voice. "In our world, we Omegas rely on our Alphas."

That might be how Darryl thinks, he may think that relying on an Alpha is fine, but to George, he wanted to break that stereotype. He wants to prove that Omegas weren't just breeders. That they were capable of living life like a Beta, or an Alpha.

He hears his friend sigh. "Well, I've known you long enough to know that you won't change your way of thinking," Darryl smiles slightly. "I won't force you to think like me or like other Omegas, but I can tell you care about him and that you're hurt. As your best friend, it pains me to know that you're hurt. You should try to mend your relationship with him."

"How?" George furrowed his eyebrows, confused.

"Well, you lost his trust by not telling him the truth with the pills. You'll need to earn his trust back."

"How would I do that?"

Darryl shrugs. "I don't know. It also doesn't help to be more friendly with him. I know that you probably act like he's a thorn on your side, right?" His friend chuckles.

"Maybe..."

"Well, maybe try to talk to him? Apologize if you want, that might help, and maybe suggest going out or something. Do some bonding activities. After my heat, Skeppy and I tried to bake some muffins together." The Omega sighed happily. "The kitchen was a mess but it was a lot of fun."

He hears the door of the house clicking open. George sits up from the bed. "Dream's home."

"That's your time to go fix some things," Darryl winks. "I'll talk to you later, tell me how it goes!"

"Thanks for helping me out, Darryl," George smiles.

"Of course! Bye now!"

The line cuts off. He stands up, leaving the bedroom to the living room. The Alpha seemed to be taking off his tie near the couch.

"Welcome home, Dream," George greets, standing awkwardly near the bedroom door frame.

"Hey," Dream replies, not bothering to look up at him.

George heads to the couch, sitting on it. "Did you wanna watch a mov-"

"I'm going to be doing some work in the room, let me know if you need anything." The Alpha heads off to the room, grabbing the untied tie he left on the couch with him.

George feels disappointed and disheartened. He knew that Dream was busy but he doesn't usually do the amount of work he does now. The Alpha always claims to be "working" but he knew deep down that he was just avoiding George.

The Omega feels his heart break slightly. How was he supposed to fix this?

___________________________________________________

My Discord: https://discord.gg/tNhwnUyesb

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/wolfvixenleap