Chapter 9

George sighs as he puts away the cleaning supplies back into the garage. As an inside person, he doesn't go out too much and he was starting to get bored getting cooped up in the house so much. He'd like to go out occasionally, but the only real friend he had was Darryl but his Omega friend was still in heat.

Walking back into the house, he grabbed his laptop from the coffee table and took a seat on the couch, opening and turning on his laptop. He was going to practice some coding since he hasn't been able to once school ended- he had to train for the run.

Too bad all that training for nothing.

Despite being an Omega, a claimed one no less, George was firm on continuing school and he didn't care if Dream was going to let him or not.

Speaking of the Alpha, Dream has yet again gone to work, leaving the house free for just George only. Or so he thought.

The creak of the front door opening breaks the silence and George immediately whips around to look who it was. It was still the afternoon and Dream shouldn't be coming home this early.

The man who entered had a lean-muscular build, raven black hair. He wore a black sleeve under a simple white tee with a flame in the middle, topped off with black and white checkered slip-on Vans. A strong scent of burning firewood, similar to how a fireplace would smell, drifted into the room.

Alpha. Definitely an Alpha.

The new Alpha closes the door and turns to smile at him. "Hi, George."

It was when the man took a seat on the couch, a foot away from where George sat, that he had noticed that his left ear had a small v-shaped slit on the lobe.

"I want to claim him too," the black and white wolf says confidently, dark eyes glaring at the larger cream furred wolf. "And I don't share."

The two Alpha wolves throw themselves at each other, teeth flashing, fur flying, blood splattering. The fight was over as it started.

The two alphas break apart, both having their own respective injury. But it seemed like the black and white Alpha had it worse - bite marks on his neck and flank and a torn ear, split into a V. Dream growled at him and the other Alpha lowered its head, giving one last look at George, those dark eyes piercing his, before stumbling off into the safety of the forest.

"It's you." George narrows his eyes.

The man chuckles. "It is me, Sapnap."

"What are you doing here," George asks, closing his laptop and putting it onto the side. "You're in Dream's property."

"I know," he laughs. "I'm his friend, one of his good friends, in fact," Sapnap says smugly, twisting a key between two fingers.

George huffs. "I'm surprised you're still friends with him."

"I mean, it was disappointing that he beat me in that fight," Sapnap sighs. "But we've known each other since we were pups."

The black haired Alpha turned to his left, staring at George. He suddenly felt self conscious. Does the Alpha have no shame? Openly checking out an Omega, claimed by his friend no less.

"You're not fully claimed yet."

George tenses. "Yeah, and?" Because they haven't mated yet, Dream had given him a faint bite mark, staking a temporary claim on him.

Sapnap smirks, eyes moving from the faint bite mark to his eyes. "Well, if you ever want to leave Dream, I'll take you as a mate."

Sapnap leans closer to George. The Omega turns his head away from Sapnap, avoiding eye contact but unmoving.

"N-no thanks. I'm fine with Dream." As much as he hated to admit, he'd rather stay with Dream than with Sapnap, for some odd reason. Has he started liking Dream? Maybe just a little.

Sapnap quirks an eyebrow at that. "Even if you still don't accept him as a mate?"

George doesn't answer. Sapnap chuckles, pulling away. George felt relieved to have the distance between him and Alpha back.

"Well, I just wanted to visit but it seems like my dear good friend isn't home." Sapnap stands up, heading to the door. "My offer still stands, George. If you need an Alpha, I'm always here." He winks before giving him a short wave and closing the door shut.

George bites his lips. Was he supposed to tell Dream that he had come into his house and tried convincing him to leave him for Sapnap?

---

When the sun was just about to set, the familiar scent of pine wafts into the room. George was still on the couch, practicing JavaScript coding.

"I'm home," Dream announces.

"I know," George responds boredly, still focused on his screen.

"What'd you eat for lunch?" Dream asks, taking a seat on the couch, beside George. He begins texting.

"Just some noodles," he replies as he types in a new line of code.

"What kin-" Dream pauses, green eyes narrowing. "Who were you with?" He growls.

George finally turns his attention to Dream, lips between this teeth, eyes slightly averted to the side. "What do you mean?"

"I smell another Alpha," Dream growls.

"No one was in here but me." George turns his focus back onto his laptop but Dream only closes it shut and places it gently onto the table.

"Don't lie to me." George could detect a hint of jealousy in his voice.

George looks down at his lap. There was no use hiding it anyway. "Sapnap came over."

Dream sighs. "I knew I should've taken that key away from him." He pulls George closer to him, right arm around his shoulder and chest pressed against George's side. The unexpected gesture caused the Omega to yelp softly. "I know he wants you. He's been wanting you ever since I beat him in the Run."

The Alpha presses his nose against the faint bite mark on his left shoulder, scenting him. "He's my friend, but I'll never let you go, especially not to him," Dream murmured against his skin.

The Alpha continues to scent him, rubbing his scent onto George. George lets him, a blush forming on his face. It felt nice.

"You're mine, George."