Chapter 13

Sunlight filters through the bedroom's thin curtains. George slowly blinks his eyes open, gazing at the window that shows the offending light. He closes his eyes once more and turns over to the other side, only to open his eyes suddenly upon realizing the position he was in.

Strong arms were wrapped around his waist, his face now towards a lean chest. George blushes, closing his eyes once more. Dream must've pulled him close in the middle of the night. Though, he has to admit, the strong pine scent (with a slight hint of apple) did smell nice. His heart starts to speed up and he subconsciously leans closer.

"Good morning," a gruff voice said.

George's eyes flashes open again, looking upwards at the Alpha who was still holding him. "G-good morning..." he averts his gaze, blush growing redder.

One arm leaves his waist, snaking up to his chin and tilts it up. Green eyes meet brown for a moment before those stunning green orbs drifts downwards to George's lips. Those green eyes became half lidded as he inched closer.

George tilts his head away last second. "I have to go use the bathroom," he said as he gets up from the bed and quickly walks into the ensuite bathroom. He could sense the slight disappointment in that signature pine scent in the air as he closed the door. The Omega splashes some water on his face, both hands clutched on the sides of the sink. He looks up at the mirror. The slight blush on his face did not match the intensity of how hard his heart was pounding.

Pounding in what? Fear? Excitement?

He shakes his head looking down at the sink. George sighs as he grabs his toothbrush and the tube of toothpaste. He might as well get ready for the day.

When George finally leaves the bathroom, he blinks in surprise to see that Dream has already left. The bed was unmade and he took it upon himself to make it. He walks out of the bedroom and finds that one of the three apples he placed in the fruit basket on the dining table had disappeared.

He bits his lips bitterly. Perhaps he should've made his Alpha breakfast like how a good Omega would.

In school, they were divided by their secondary gender - Alpha, Beta, and Omega. They would take sub-gender specific courses. George and other Omegas would learn how to cook, clean properly, and do chores. By middle school, George was sure he had learned enough recipes to open his own restaurant. Meanwhile, Betas and Alphas were probably learning more useful courses like how to manage a business or leadership training courses.

Despite being claimed, which goes against his original plans for life, George was determined to get his degree and be able to financially support himself, without the help of his Alpha.

*****

Dream sighs as he closes the door to his office. He takes a seat down at his chair and turns on his work computer. Then there was a knock on his door and he tells whoever knocked to come in, fingers on his keyboard logging onto his computer.

A petite Beta woman - his secretary - walks in with a thick stack of papers and files and Dream internally screams.

"Good morning, Dream," she greets with an apologetic smile. "The boss wanted you to finish this up." His secretary places the stack files onto a clear space on his left.

"Thanks, Lainey," he says without looking up from the computer.

"Also, an investor from Company C wants to schedule a meeting with you," she looks down at her ipad. "Your schedule seems to be clear either later today or Friday lunchtime. Which one would you prefer?"