Friday the 13th

Yolo peeps and happy Friday the 13th! And happy birthday to the Jersey Devil!  Bet ya don't know who the Jersey Devil is...

Just in celebration I will type up the story of the Jersey Devil. It's a cool story:

Long ago according to legend,  in the Pine Barrens of Jersey, in an old, broken home, Mrs. Jane Leeds found out she was pregnant with her 13th child. Angrily, she complained: "Let the devil take this one."

But it was not so. There, in the Pine Barrens, in the old house, she gave birth. It was no baby, nor did the devil take it. It was a devil itself; it had the wings of a bat, head of a horse, hind legs of a goat, a reptilian body, a forked tail, standing 20 feet tall.

The beast killed all the beings in the home, including its very life bringer, Poor Jane Leeds, and the maids assisting her in birth. Away from the house it went, haunting the Pine Barrens, becoming known as the Jersey Devil.

^.^ I love that story. Here's something interesting:

In 1740, so many sightings took place, the beast became a legend. Commodore Stephen Decatur went out into the Pine Barrens in the 1800s to test something about plants, when a strange winged creature flew overhead, puzzled, he raised his rifle and shot. Many say the shot struck the beast, and despite the wound, kept flying on its way, unaffected by the rifle at all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERSEY DEVIL!!!