Chapter 18- Confusion.

I'm going back to my usual work today

I'm going back to my usual work today. After my dumb father gave me a stupid fucking beating for no reason. I figured it was time for me to get back on my feet. It's the only thing I can do that will actually feel normal. I told Harry to leave yesterday, I didn't want him to get punished for my actions again.

It wasn't fair to him. I wasn't going to let it happen again. My father was an asshole. I don't even understand why he went after Harry.

How the fuck did he know his mother was dead?

I didn't say a word to him about that. I don't speak to him. He must've found out by digging around in business that has nothing to do with him. That's what he always does. It's his "thing" that he's so proud of because apparently there's nobody else who can do it like him.

Harry was probably pissed because I told him to leave. He wouldn't understand, I have to see him again today. I have no idea when he's coming but he should be here before I start my work.

It shouldn't be that difficult today, normally these people are weak. Sometimes they fight back, but usually they know what they're in for.

The main reason they don't fight is because a knife is to their throat. If they make a fucking slick remark the blade gets pressed deeper into their skin.

I love what I do. It makes me feel so powerful.

I am powerful.

Everyone knows it, really. Harry is the only one who doesn't act like he knows it. But he knows. I know he does. How can you not?

I used to get treated like absolute shit. People would walk all over me, they thought I wouldn't do anything about it. Eventually, I got the revenge I wanted and I bet they wished they never talked to me in the first place.

Before that though, I had gotten into some pretty fucked up shit. Mostly drugs. I don't take pride in that at all. It's something that haunts me everyday and I regret it.

My mother had to watch me go through that. So did Liam.

Speaking of, where the fuck is he? I wanted to talk to him, actually.

I walk out of my room and make my way towards his room at the end of the hall.

I hear voices in his room, he's talking to someone? It sounds like a deep voice. Liam doesn't talk to anyone, who the fuck is in his room.

I press my hand to the door handle and push it open.

What the fuck?

What I did not expect to see was Harry talking to my brother.

As soon as I open the door, he looks up at me with his fucking evil green eyes.

You're fucking joking me right now.

"What the fuck?" I raise my voice so they both can hear me.

"Oh. Hey, Anna." Harry says with a smirk. Acting like this is fucking normal. This isn't normal. Why the fuck are they talking?