Chapter 35- Hate you, anymore

"I don't hate you anymore either, Harry

"I don't hate you anymore either, Harry."

Is what's been going through my head for the past 10 fucking minutes. My head is currently rested upon Avyanna's chest, her fingers running through my hair.

After tonight, I was positive I didn't hate her. But I don't know how I feel about her yet, I just know how bad it hurt to see her hurt like this.

I once thought if she died I wouldn't care, but here I am. Beating myself up for breaking my promise about protecting her, how silly. I was the one who initially was gonna comfort her, that didn't work out how I planned.

It feels like we both feel a bit better now, less upset and stressed.

She told me about how my father tormented her at the bar, and what he said about her mother. She told me that she slammed his head on the table which made me crack a bit of a smile.

I never thought I would get to this point of not hating her. Now I cant let anything happen to her, ever. She meant a lot to me now, and I'm sure I meant a lot to her. We had been silent for about 30 minutes. Before, we were just talking about random and silly things.

"Every time you kiss me, I get scared." Her soft voice rings.

"Why?" I question, putting my head up from her chest to look at her.

"Because I feel like I don't know what I'm doing... Or what I feel, how I feel about you more specifically. I feel like I should still hate you, but I can't hate you."

Her words make me press a hand to her cheek, looking directly into her blue eyes. "I don't know either, it's dangerous for us to be doing this... I don't know how the ending will play out, but I do know that I care about you." I push strands of hair behind her ear while I examine her facial features.

"Yeah?" She smiles, her eyes lighting up slightly allowing me to see a bit of a sparkle. Thought that was only in movies, I guess it's real.

"Yeah." I smile in response and place my hand behind her head, leading her head towards me and pressing my lips to her forehead. "Now, are we gonna talk about what happened with your father?" I ask, very cautiously.

"Not yet," She sighs, looking away from me for a second. Feeling the discomfort that it brings her makes me feel so guilty. "M'not ready for that yet."

"Okay." I say softly, letting my eyes wonder her face again. "I'm sorry, I should've been there." I apologize as the guilt builds in my body.

"Not your fault, Harry. Please, don't blame yourself for what he did." She reassuringly rests her hand on my jaw, her palm landing on my cheek as her thumb glides across the skin on my cheek.

"Fine, I'm gonna close my eyes for a bit." I softly smile and put my head back on her chest, carefully hugging her close to me without causing her any pain.