Chapter 23- The plan.

Avyanna is asleep on my couch right now

Avyanna is asleep on my couch right now. She crashed after we spent hours talking about random shit, the only reason we were talking for so long was to keep her mind off of the pills she was planning on taking.

I learned something new about her yesterday, she used to be an addict. Guess we have something else in common. I didn't like the feeling of being worried about her though, I'm not supposed to be worried about her.

As soon as I saw the look on her face when I opened my door... I was worried. That wasn't like me at all, it's probably only because the face she was making seemed familiar to me. I could tell she was craving something, she seemed scared to crave it as well.

I knew that she was tired, and overwhelmed.

Why did I know that?

That's what I've been trying to figure out, maybe I've just been around her long enough to know the emotions on her face. There's also a possibility that I'm just really smart.

She seemed so fucking drained when she showed up at my door.

The look she gave me almost made me feel bad for her. Which wasn't like me at all, I found it very weird that I felt some sort of sympathy for her. We weren't supposed to feel sympathy for each other,

That's the whole point of hating each other, isn't it?

I don't even know if I fucking hated her anymore. I was so confused, I let her sleep on my couch for gods sakes.

I had even put a blanket on her because I saw her shivering in her sleep. It's whatever though, I'm just a considerate person that's all.

How did I get involved in all this shit?

Who knew being forced to work with her would lead me to helping her escape her fucking house, which I had no idea how to pull that off. I assume her father has a lot of powerful people in his life, that could be an issue. If someone tracks her down after she leaves, she'll be killed.

That's the opposite of our goal, the goal is to get her out. I don't think she can handle staying in that joke of a family any longer. Liam is already sucked into his fathers mess.

I may have someone who could help us out. It's a matter of her agreeing to or not, we were friends a long time ago. We had some fun with each other too, that shouldn't distract us though. I'm pretty sure we've both moved on from each other.

She works for the FBI, at least I think she does. Either way, she's in some sort of investigative source. She's never told on me for doing the things I did, so she probably wouldn't tell on Avyanna.

If I was her, I wouldn't. I'm pretty sure Anna would quite literally ruin someone's life.

Zoey Stewart.

Her name suddenly came back to my mind. I had forgotten it for a second, but that's only because I'm really not good with names.

It's all coming back to me now, the way she used to help me with random shit.