Chapter 14

I felt like an inmate as I stood in line. It was finally my class' turn to have Miss Griselda...and she was brutal. We'd probably only been there for thirty seconds and she was already shouting at us to line up. Which brings us to now. We were currently all stood in a line, like soldiers, whilst she marched up and down, an angry expression on her face. She was still clutching her clipboard in her hands as she walked up and down, glaring at us from behind her glasses.

"As you already know, I'm Miss Griselda. I'm the Head of Discipline and your defence teacher." She started. "During our time together, I will be teaching you how to harness your magic in order to defend yourselves. And if any of you disagree with my methods of teaching, then you don't belong in my class and you can get out."

We all just stood in silence as she continued to glare at us. I was even scared to breathe at this point. She was like an army general.

"Right, well for the remainder of this class, I'm going to walk you through the plan for this year."

***

"So how was it?" Sam questioned, smiling. The Zanbaq lessons were over now, but it appeared that we had established the greenhouse as our new hang out place. So now, we were sitting in the greenhouse, bashing Miss Griselda. Or rather I was bashing Miss Griselda.

"I felt like a prisoner. She's just so strict...and mean."

He laughed. "Well she's just doing her job."

"Yeah, if her job was a prison warden."

"You're just mad you don't get to sneak out past the barrier anymore." He joked.

"Oh god, you know about that?"

"People talk."

"Who? What people?"

"Well, I heard it from Musa and she heard it from Bloom." He explained.

"Oh god."

***

As I stumbled through the halls, I was struggling to keep my bag on my shoulder. I was late, and now that Griselda was here, that meant I'd be in deep shit if I got caught. So here I was, clumsily running through the halls, my bag half hanging off my shoulder. However, my frantic attempt to get to class was interrupted when I crashed into something, causing my bag to slide off my wrist and empty half the contents onto the stone tile floor.

"I'm so sorry. Can I help?" A voice spoke. Looking up, I saw that there was a girl with short pink hair standing over me, a worried look on her face.

"I'm so sorry." I said, stuffing my things back into my bag and pulling myself to my feet. "I-I was in a hurry and I didn't see you. I'm so sorry."

She laughed. "It's alright. Actually, I'm glad I ran into you. First year, right?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"Great, me too. Except, it's my first day. I'm a transfer and I have literally no idea where I'm going."

"Oh, well, which class have you got?"

"Dowling's?"

"Oh, me too. Why don't we go together?"

She smiled. "Great. Uh, I'm Tecna, by the way."

"Kody."

"Pretty name, Kody."

"Thanks, you too."

***

a/n
Sorry this chapter's so boring, it was kind of just so I could introduce Tecna into the story.