Chapter 27

"You want me to fight you?"

"Not in an aggressive way, it's just so I can test your current skill level." Helia laughed. So I met with Helia on the field, and the first thing he said was pretty much that I should fight him. I'd never even been in a proper fight before, I was more of a passive aggressive type. You know, like giving out the dirty looks. But now, I was being asked to actually fight someone.

"I don't know."

"Come on, it'll be fine."

"Okay." I finally said, before stepping forward and attempting to swing my fist at him. He immediately got out of the way, causing me to miss and stumble forward. This was just going to be embarrassing, wasn't it.

Once I steadied myself, I decided to try and fight with my feet. And this idea would prove to be the stupidest idea I ever thought of, as within seconds, I was on my arse. "What the hell?" I groaned, standing up.

"Come on, you can do it."

When I lunged forward to try and jab him in the stomach, I once again regretted my decision. Because this time, not only did I end up on the ground, but it was Helia that put me there. He'd grabbed hold of my fist and sent me flying backwards into the grass. And now, he was standing over me, a triumphant smile on his face. "I win."

"So remind me, what was the point of that?" I said as he helped me to my feet.

"I needed to see how much you already knew." He explained. "Which is apparently not much."

"Why'd you think I asked for your help?"

We stood in silence for a moment whilst I caught my breath and then Helia finally spoke. "Why do you need to know how to fight when you have magic? You are a fairy, right?"

I sighed. "Yeah, but my magic's unreliable."

"Use it on me." He suddenly said.

"What?"

"Come on, use your magic."

"I can't do that."

"Just try. Nothing bad's gonna happen, I promise." He said, smiling slightly.

I just shook my head, my throat tightening at the very though of using my magic. "You can't promise anything....you don't know what I've done."

"I know you're scared, but trust me, you can do this."

"Helia, just stop. I won't do it, I'm not going to risk your safety like that."

"Alright." He finally said. "I won't push you. Now how about I teach you how to fight."

***

When I got back to the suite, I was exhausted. After the whole struggle about my magic, we'd begun some intense combat training. It was nothing like what I did with Riven. In fact, it kind of made me wish I'd stuck with Riven.

When I walked through the door, everyone else appeared to have retired to their rooms. Everyone except Terra, who was sitting in the common area, holding a steaming mug in her hands.

"Hi." She smiled, inviting me to sit down beside her.

I walked over and sat down, releasing a heavy sigh.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, it's just...I was training with Helia today, and he asked me to use my magic."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"I couldn't do it." I said. "I've been here for months, and I literally have no control over my magic. I couldn't risk hurting him."

Terra just gave me a suggestive smile. "I might know someone who can help."