34.

A/N: hi hi my loves, hope you're all well!

if you havent already - check out my new story, THE TAYLOR. (h.s fic of course). I know Ive mentioned it before, I am just so excited for it. eeep! https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/259495054-the-taylors-h-s

anyway...enjoy this chapter! so much love x

Harry.

10 hours to go....

Addiction: the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity.

I had to google the fucking meaning of the damn word, because I didn't understand what the hell was going on with my body. I needed to find a definition of addiction where it referred to an addiction one may have to another soul.

I couldn't find anything though. Nothing. Nada. Other than some poetic bullshit I found on someone's tumblr, there was no medical description that provided me any reason as why it felt as if I was going through some sick withdrawals.

I sunk my nails deeper into the flesh of my arm, watching as the cars sped by, shaking my rover as they flew down the open roads of the highway. I had pulled over when I had stupidly decided that I was going to google the definition of addiction like some love sick puppy, even though I knew it was nothing close to that.

My body felt hot with sweat, and my fingertips were shaking. I shouldn't of let her go with Niall. It was stupid. It was foolish. He hated her, and there was no good enough reason as to why he wanted to be next to her for a whole fourteen hours. I had driven in my car, alone with my thoughts for the last four hours, deep in thought, running over every possible narrative of Niall's mind that would cause such a dramatic change in heart.

I came up with nothing other than the fact he wanted to kill her. I now sat with my head in my palms on the verge of a panic attack at the very thought. I had been calling them a few times an hour, wanting a general update on how things were going, though Niall didn't let me speak to Sophia at all. It made me antsy.

So antsy that the last call didn't end well. Niall's frustrations blew after the call, and my anxiety-fuelled anger got the best of me and I folded, demanding that Sophia road with me because I didn't trust Niall.

He didn't object, though he did shout a colorful array of words at me, though I didn't understand half of them. The Irish slur of his words got the best of him when he was angry. A sight that wasn't often thrown in my general direction.

He was only twenty minutes behind me, even though I had left before him. He liked to speed, even when he told me not too. Asshole. I had to sit here and wait for them to catch up. Alone with my thoughts was never a good thing. Not for me, not for anyone.

Tapping my fingers against my thigh, ignoring the slight blood that was oozing out of the nail shaped lashes on my skin, I watched the cars that were approaching. Some took the exit just in front of where my car sat on the side of the road, others flew past me like they were running away from someone. Still no sign of Niall though.

He's killing her, the devil laughed. She's gone. No more Angel. Bye bye.

I slapped a hand against my head, blinking furiously to rid such a thought. Niall wouldn't do that, I tried to convince myself. He wouldn't. Not Niall. Not my best friend.

Wouldn't he? He does have a dark side, The devil taunted.

I grunted to myself, my soft taping turning into harsh slapping against my thigh as as I tried to drown out the thoughts. Sometimes I found that any noise, whether it be from my mouth or my hand, could drown the Devil out, even if it was just for a second. Just for me to be able to reach out and capture a thought instead of letting it wander off in my mind. A temporary fix.