it's weird

I was wearing my outfit and decided to put my hoodie on to be more comfortable.

We arrived at the school and all the girls were matching,but I still loved my outfit.

"Hey mom!"I say and hug my mom.

"Have fun girls."Ellen says.

"We sure will."Norah says.

The music was loud and everyone was on the 'dance floor'.As soon as we got in the other girls started dancing but I just grabbed some alcohol from a student to lighten up a bit.

"Time for cupid shuffle!"The DJ says.

"What the fuck is that?!"I mummble as I look weirdly at everyone who was dancing.

"Make up time!"Max exclaims and pulls me on a makeup chair.

"Wha-"I start but my drunk self trips and Abby spills her drink on me.

"I'm so sorry."She says.

"I'll be back."I say and I run to the changing room.

"Shit,shit,shit."I cuss as I look in the mirror,my hoodie was stained and I take it off and walk towards the showar to try and wash the stain off.

As soon as I entered I saw Marcus smoking on the floor.

"Hey."He says.

"We always find a way to see eachother."I say and almost trip again but he catches me and sits back on the floor.I lean my head in his lap and laugh.

"You look drunk."He says.

"Not really,if I can still process it's you then I'm still kinda sober."I say and he laughs.

"This is weird."I say and tilt my head to see him still smoke.

"You look ridiculous."He says and punch him playfully making him laugh.

"What are you doing in here?"I ask and take the joint from his mouth putting it in mine.

"I am riding out this lame sleepover."He says.

"I know.It's weird."I say.

"You didn't do the Cupid Shuffle?"He laughs and I fix the joint between my lips and run my hands through his hair.

"You're too cool for fun,huh?"I say.

"Is that your impression of me?"He asks.

"Nope,I hate it too."I say and exhale.

"None of my friends are here."He says and I make an offensed face making him smile and I put the joint back in his mouth.

"Or your girlfriend."I add.

"Padma isn't my girlfriend.I don't really do girlfriends."He says.

"I don't really do girlfriends."I mock him.

"I can hang out with you."I break the silence and he chuckles softly.

~~~

We were both so high we could spill our darkest secrets now.It took us two joints and here we are spilling secrets.Marcus was still smoking so the worst thing that could happen is someone to catch us,at least it's a vape and my mom would be more okay with it.

"It's like there's voices in my head,telling me what I should do wrong and I always feel critical of myself.Does this sound weird?"I ask as he was playing with my hair.

"Voices in your head?You should probably get that looked at."He says and we laugh.

"I get it,Wellsbury sucks."He says.

"Not really.I've lived in a lot of places and this is probably the only place I found friends and I got away from my shit.You have a mom,a dad,a nice house,check your privilege."I say,but then I saw his eyes start to water.

"So I don't have any valid problems because I live in Wellsbury?"He asks and I shift my position to look at him better.

"I didn't say that."I say.

"Yes,you sorta did."He says.

"My best friend died last year.He had cancer."He says ehile his voice was breaking so I got up and hugged him.

"I know how it feels,it happened to me too."I say and I start crying too.

"I'm sorry."We say in sync.

"It's fine."He says and I pull back.

"Everyone has shit and maybe this is ours."I say and his hand goes up to my cheek.

"Do you want to talk about it?"He asks me.

"No,I mean no one knew till now."I say.

"Damn.This got heavy.Maybe we just need to chill."He says and almost turns the shower on before I push him back to the wall making us laugh.

The giggles were stopped when we heard the door open and he pulled me by the waist towards him,our bodies touching.His stupid ass inhaled from the vape and my eyes went wide as I looked at him and he leaned in closer.His hand was on my cheek and his thumb on my lip making my moth open slightly,jus enough for the smoke to come in my mouth.I inhaled and saw him laugh.He drives me insane.I didn't even realize Maxine and my mom were there.But,they finally left.

"You're such an asshole."I snap and hit his chest. "My mom was here."I say and he laughs.

"I'm gonna punish you."I say.

"How?"He asks.

"We're going to that party and we'll try to have some fun."I say and he groans making me chuckle.

"I say and he groans making me chuckle