13

Dumbledore was standing in front of the desk that seemed to belong to Snape. Harry glanced at the old man, judging from his stance, the old man probably wanted to talk about "The Sorting." So, Harry took his only course of action. Diane take control

    "Harry, do you like it here? In Slytherin?" Dumbledore said as he took a lemon candy out of his pocket. "Well sir, I haven't been here long. So, I have no idea on how I feel about the other Slytherins here," Diane said as she stood by the door, ready to make an escape. "Yes, that is true. But you do know of the Gryffindor House, where your parents were sorted-in," his eyes glanced at the child in front of him, looking for any reaction. Instead, he got an unexpected response. "Sir, I know my parents were in Gryffindor, but why does it bother you of what House I'm in?" Dumbledore was shocked but recovered as he cleared his throat. "Well, I am your guardian. So, I have my right to worry about your education and I feel that being in here will only diminish you."

    In the back of the mind, Harry was grinding his teeth as he listen. "Yes, you do have that right but you lose that right when I told the bank of your absence in my childhood. They said that since I didn't know you were my 'guardian' in the first place, they changed my guardianship to the next person. Which is Sirius Black, but since he has been sentenced to life, I have been given no guardianship except for the fortune that was left by my parents and Mr. Black." Diane walked towards the chair in front of Dumbledore, took a glance, and sat as she waited for his reaction. Dumbledore was silent as he thought of this. He got no letter from the bank about these changes, but he did notice the cat that seemed to appear out of no-where.

    "Raccon, there you are. I was beginning to worry," she placed the cat on her lap and took a second look at Dumbledore, "Since I was given my own guardianship, I told the goblins I would give you the news myself. So, if you have nothing to say, I would like to be excused to my dorm room." Without a response, Diane stood, carrying Racon in her hands, she walked out the door. There Snape was waiting outside, giving the child in front of him an annoyed look. "I would like to know my dorm room," this wasn't the response Snape was expecting. He had already sent the first-years to bed, and thought the headmaster would send Harry to live with the Gryffindors. "Mr. Snape, are you okay?" Snapping out of his daze, he lead Harry to the boys dorm. At the end of the hall, there a door with rusty screws and a knob that seemed to have seen better days.

    He opened the door and there was a single bed with a dirtied fireplace, and a somewhat drawer that was more broken than the door. In the corner of the room was another door that leads to the bathroom, which was not in any better condition than the room itself. "We ran-out of rooms, so you'll have to make due with this one. The elves will bring your stuff and bedding. Your template for tomorrow will appear at your bedside in the morning, and breakfast will start at 6 o'clock in the morning. Everyone is to be reported to the living room before we leave for breakfast." Snape glanced down at the child, expecting to see them in some form of distress, but instead he got a blank look as the child walked-in and sat on the bed that loudly squeaked under the weight. The cat was following them, rubbed against Harry's leg and started to explore the room.

    "Thank you. I was wondering if you could tell me where the Owl Emporium is," Harry said as he looked towards the fireplace. Instead of a response, the sound of the door closing echoed against the mossy walls. "I guess this is where we'll be living for the year. Better get started on the cleaning."

Snape made his way to his office, where he found Dumbledore, staring into space, thinking. "How is he?" Dumbledore finally spoke. Severus thought and responded with, "He asked for a dorm room and thanked me. I pictured him to be more like James, but now, I don't know what to think." "I thought the same, and this does put a delay to our plans as he told me I'm no longer his guardian," this shocked Severus as he sat in his chair. "I better get going, keep me updated on his daily activities." Dumbledore left the room, leaving Snape to his own mind.

Diane went towards the fireplace, inspecting the amount of grim and soot surrounding the corners/insides. She stood and went to the bathroom, opening the rusty door, revealing a dingy looking sink and toilet along with a shower-less curtain. The shower was one of those Victorian tubs, which was quite fancy in Diane and Harry's opinion.

*pop* Diane jumped as she turned around to see an elf placing their backpack on the bed, another was by the fireplace about to start a fire. Another pop appeared, revealing a third elf in the bathroom. "Master Potter, we are simply fixing your room if you don't mind," Diane disliked the 'master' part but inhaled as she waved her hand in a 'continue' gesture. The elves went back to work. "May I help?" she gestured towards the fireplace, making her way to where the second elf was scrubbing the grim.

    "What do you mean master?" "I mean, can I help with the fireplace or maybe with making the bed? I don't mind, I just need something to do," Diane slowly made her way to the bed, picking-up one of the corners of the sheet. The elf stared at the gesture made, and back at the kid in front of her. "Are you sure master?" Diane nodded as she started to tuck-in the sheet.

Okay, why?!?! There is so many of you who are reading this. I am, I'm slow as heck and I have a bad memory that is sh*t at creativity when I need it the most. So why?