017: Devil

(A/n: I wrote this a few days ago and I also wanted to write more since nothing really special happened in this chap but let me say one thing: school. Anyways I don't want you to wait any longer so I'll just post it now and very soon the next chap ;)

The moonlight traveled through the night with graceful ease, lightening the rising path. Without the moonlight, it would have been pitch black.

I was already a few meters away from the camp when a figure emerged from the darkness. But at the same time, I felt my adrenaline as the blood was exploding in my veins.

"Deiji." Said the figure with a cold tone and I recognized directly from her voice that it was no other than Lena. What was she looking for here at night? But I noticed how stupid this question would sound since I was myself was outside too.

"Where is your boyfriend?" She asked arrogantly and I wanted to run past her when she clawed her hand in my arm and stopped me.

She squeezed my arm tighter and tighter, and the pain increased rapidly so that I began to whimper.

"Let go of me!" I hissed at her and tried to stay calm because I didn't want to wake up the whole camp.

"If I were you, I would speak a little more carefully." She looked at me blankly and then it was when I noticed her blood-red eyes.

Without question, I realized that she must be a vampire and my blood froze a second time. I should really be more careful because she could kill me right now.

I tried to pretend I didn't know about it. Who knows if she would kill me faster if she knew that I know about vampires and that through Jungwon. Suddenly everything made sense. Jungwon and she were both vampires, no question that they understood each other, they must have known each other for a long time.

"Lena, please let go of me before I start screaming and wake up the camp!" My heart was beating so fast but I tried to sound as hard as possible, she shouldn't be suspicious.

"Stay away from Jungwon, he is not allowed to meet or be friends with a cheap human girl like you." Her voice became dangerously menacing.

,, Human girl? We're not in Twilight sweetheart." I fought my voice to didn't shake as I uttered these words.

She finally let go of me and looked at me disapprovingly.

"Of course we are not." And she walked away without forgetting to bump into me.

After she was out of sight, I waited a few minutes and without going up the hill turned back to our tent and literally longed for Jungwons safety and near.

As I walked back I felt how much my arm hurt but the moonlight wasn't bright enough to see the wound she had inflicted on me with her sharp claws.

It was lucky that Lena was nowhere out here and that I could quickly go to my tent.

Inside I saw Jungwon was still asleep and I also carefully lay down trying to make fewer sounds as possible.

No matter how hard I tried to sleep, Lena's words and even the encounter with her ran through my thoughts. It was clear to me that it was not good to have a human-vampire relationship on both sides, but what I was also aware of was that I did not want to give up Jungwon and that no matter what it cost me.

____________

I woke up to the steady patter of rain upon my window, droplets yet to scatter the nascent rays of the rising sun. The sound brought a calmness to mind, a soothing melody, a natural lullaby.

I closed my eyes again and wanted to go back to sleep when a voice woke me up again, "Hey, you sleepyhead!"

Today was the penultimate day and for once we were allowed to do what we wanted. I already knew what I was going to do. Stay in the tent and listen to the rain.

I heard Jungwon lay down as well and turned to see him.

His hair was tousled and his oversized hoodie made him look cute. His pale skin and pink lips made a wonderful contrast between cold and warm and I suddenly wondered how his lips would feel like. My thoughts embarrassed me even though no one could here it.