018: Call

(A/n: Huuh short chap. At this point, I'm so grateful for every reader especially since I don't think that this story is doing well but fighting :)

Deiji's p.o.v.

"What are your plans for today?" Jungwon asked me, interrupting my embarrassing thoughts. I just want to rest today and maybe take a short walk," I replied and saw him nodding slightly, "As it happens, I had the same plan," he turned his head to me and smiled at me.

I didn't know what to say. "Oh, I would have thought you had something in mind with Lena." I looked back at the ceiling. ,, I did, or rather she did, but I'd rather spend the day with you, if you don't mind, of course." "Yeah, sure." Jungwon got up, "Great, don't be late for breakfast, sleepyhead." He then left the tent and I exhaled deeply.

Knowing that he preferred me over Lena made my heart leap and I became even more confident. I'm not going to let this chance for a day with Jungwon pass me by, that's for sure.

Jungwon's p.o.v.

When I wanted to get up from the breakfast table, my cell phone started to ring. I quickly put my plate away as I read the name of the caller and moved a bit away from the camp.

,,Hi mom" I said after I opened the call. ,,How are you? Is everything going well?" Hearing my mom's warm voice reassured me, "Yes, everything is normal as it should be, except," I looked around to make sure no one was around, "Except for Lena getting me all worked up." I heard my mother's laughter at the end of the line and had to smile myself, "Your father is in contact with her. He just wants to make sure you're okay." "That I'm okay? I'm much stronger than her, how is she supposed to babysit me?" The fact that my father was protective made me extremely angry at times. He had high expectations of me.

,,Apparently, Lena told him that you get along very well with a girl from your class." I frowned. If she wasn't a girl, I would have beaten Lena long ago. Why does she care about my life and why does she tell my father every crap? ,,Yeah, she probably means Deiji." I sighed as I heard a ,aah'from my mom ,, How did my dad react?" I asked my mom, "Well, he wasn't that impressed, you know him." she chuckled and I walked a little further towards the forest and looked at the wet ground.

,,Wasn't Deiji that girl with the very sweet smell?" my mom asked me suddenly making me remember her sweet scent I used to breathe in when I was with herher. "Yes, that was her." I said "I see." She inhaled and exhaled deeply before whispering to me over the cell phone, "Don't listen to your father. He didn't listen to your grandpa either or we would never have gotten married. Do what is right for you and think before you do it," my thoughts wandered to the old pictures in the attic that I had found by chance. My mom in her human form in a gorgeous dress and my father kissing her. Then I thought of Deiji. It was not intentional but I could not help but think of her. ,,Your father only wants what is best for you." ,,By literally spying on me?" I asked angrily. After all, he had also loved a human, so why wasn't I allowed to do so too? What was different with me?