024: Prom Night

(A/n: btw the picture above doesn't necessarily represent Deiji and Jungwon. I just put this to get a feeling how it might look like but Deiji has a different dress on.. Jungwon looks kinde like on the pic ;)

Deiji's p.o.v.

The second I sent my message to Jungwon I felt my stomach tingle. Now it was certain, I would go to the Prom with Jungwon.

I was nervous, and very nervous. After all, he was the same boy who rejected me but at the same time who was so different to me yesterday. He played with my feelings but I would let him do it this one time.

Maybe it would not end so badly but very differently?

The small amount of hope in me shone so strongly that it illuminated all negative thoughts.

I would approach this thing positively and make the best of it and just enjoy the evening.

Deiji's p.o.v. end

________

3rd person's view

After asking her best friend Cho-Hee and many other people around her including her mother, the girl decided to put on the dark red dress. It emphasized her body and made her look more tender. The sight everyone dreams of. Her dark hair hung down in waves and the dark red lipstick emphasized her skin. She looked beautiful that day, just as she had hoped.

When she was about to spray a few splashes of her perfume on her neck, the doorbell rang. Jungwon.

Deiji heard her mother and Jungwon's conversation. The girl's mother was fascinated by the boy and Deiji knew at breakfast the next day she would ask her how she found such a handsome boy.

When Deiji also finally went downstairs she saw Jungwon in an elegant suit. He had styled his hair so that his forehead could be seen. That was exactly what made him look serious and more grown up. Deiji tried her best not to blush, but the dress she was in and the look on Jungwon's face didn't help her.

When her mother said goodbye, Jungwon addressed Deiji directly, "You look beautiful," he looked at her from top to bottom and then embarrassedly to the side.

Seeing how the boy, who was usually so self-confident, just looked away nervously made Deiji more confident, "Thank you and you look handsome," she smiled broadly at him and forgot all her worries. This was her night and she was aware of that.

Jungwon took her by the hand as he had always done when camping as they walked up the hill and led her to his chauffeur who was waiting for them.

In the car they sat side by side and Jungwon took the girl's hand again. He liked holding her little hand as if she was his girlfriend.

He looked at her from the side and tried not to drool when he saw her perfect side profile. The energy she had today was the same as the day she confessed her feelings, however there was a difference, she would not lose that energy today.

"Before I forget to say it," Deiji turned to look at Jungwon, "I have to be home by midnight." Jungwon who was still fascinated by her beauty broke out of his trance and nodded, "Okay Cinderella."

(recommanding to play stuck with you) ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gym where the whole thing took place looked so different from the gym class. All the white bar tables, the dimmed lights with colourful highlights, the golden garlands and especially all the students who were dressed up created a nice atmosphere.

Jungwon still held her hand tightly, as if to show that she was his.

,,May I ask you to dance?" Jungwon asked after they had greeted their friends. Deiji looked up at him and nodded as she replied with a smile, "I thought you weren't going to ask." Jungwon smiled at her statement, "I had to wait for the perfect song." Deiji listened more closely and recognised 'stuck with you' playing in the background. She blushed slightly at his playful comment.

Jungwon, who was already holding her hand, put his other hand on her waist as the smaller girl put her hand on his shoulder. They looked each other in the eye and smiled, "Have I told you how beautiful you look?" he grinned at her and his heart leapt when he saw the effect a compliment had on the girl.

,,Yes, you already have, but feel free to repeat it," she finally replied.

,,It's unbelievable how shy you get when you get complimented, but then you counter back."

The two danced for so long that they themselves forgot the time. During faster pop songs, Jungwon showed off his dance skills while the girl watched him in fascination. Deiji also showed how she could dance to some songs and played lightly with her hips to the rhythm of the song while Jungwon tried not to look. A true gentleman. By looking at them, a stranger might think they were a couple.

While others were always changing partners or dancing with friends, these two were inseparable.

,,I need to go to the restroom. I'll be back soon." Deiji already left the hall on her way to the toilets of her school which were placed outside the gym when Jungwon started to follow her. He know himself he looked like a stalker but he wanted to make sure Lena stopped terrorizing her.

Right when Deiji turned around someone walked against her.
A boy older than her.

,,Oh I'm sorry are you alright."
he said and helped Deiji to get up when his hands were placed dangerously near at her breast making her feel uncomfortable.

,,Y-yeah I'm good." the girl startled.
She didn't want to interpret too much but his hands made her feel weird so she started questioning if thats what sexual violence is..

,,Really you don't seem okay?" the boy looked clearly worried but something felt strange.

His hands were getting nearer to her breast when they were supposed to stay on her taille and back.