021: Love

∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘

3rd person's view

At least she looked normal from the outside, although her inside was anything but normal

Today was the last day, the most important day for Deiji. Today she wanted to confess. Just thinking about confessing to him she got goosebumps. It was already 7 pm and the first stars were shining in the sky. A still pale band of stars stretched across the darkness. Deiji walked to the other side of the campfire and took Jungwon by the hand, "Let's go to our hill one last time." She probably sounded very confident but her heart was beating wildly in her chest. Jungwon had to grin. She wasn't that confident very often ,,Okay then lechugoo" The two teens walked side by side, hand in hand up the hill.

No one spoke but it was still a comfortable silence. Her warm hand was in his cold one and the warmth she transmitted to him felt good. She smelled especially sweet today, something was different about her today. The girl was literally radiant.

When they reached the top of the hill all the stars were already visible. The dark ceiling was now littered with stars.

The moon looked beautiful.

Suddenly, Deiji turned around to get a better look at Jungwon. The boy looked at her and had to smile at the sight of her. The moonlight shone on her skin, her collarbones looked deeper, her eyes beautiful like the stars. She looked enchanting as a whole. If he wasn't a vampire, his face would have been warm at the sight of her.

"Is there something?" he asked her suddenly. Deiji was confused ,,What do you mean?" the boy in front of her smiled ,,You pulled me here and you look beautiful today... and you seem to want to say something?"

Deiji felt caught. As she thought hard about what to answer she saw the boy in front of her looking around, without thinking much Deiji continued to think about what she could answer him. It was as if he knew that she wanted to tell him something important today. Get a grip! she said to herself and looked determinedly into the swinged eyes in front of her. As always, he looked ethereal.

,,Jungwon, before you saved me from that vampire, I knew nothing about you. You were just a classmate, nothing more, but now... you've changed so much." she looked away, "I... I don't know how to put into words what I think about you." she began to play with her hands, too nervous for her next words, "I don't know if what I'm doing is right. Of course it's not, unlike you, I am human, fragile and mortal, but you have moved something in me. Without knowing it, you made me feel things I didn't know before" Pull yourself together one last time, the young girl said to herself and looked up to meet the soft looking eyes of the boy she liked the most.

,,I love you Yang Jungwon." The boys soft eyes but were now looking into her eyes with a cold gaze. The nervousness that had built up in her did not disappear, it became even more and more.

Jungwon looked different. He looked very tense.

,,I'm sorry but I don't think I can return your feelings, Deiji." He said with a different tone.

His knuckles stood out white. All the muscles were tense. But not only his, also Deiji's.

She looked at him with glassy eyes. Her heart ached at the moment, but she forced herself to smile slightly, "I see." she said before her voice cracked. Just as she was about to turn around and walk back with a broken heart, she saw Jungwon already moving away from her with hasty steps, but in a different direction than the one they had come from.

The girl walked quietly back with tears streaming down her face. She got faster and faster until she started to run. Every now and then she stumbled over some roots until she was sitting on the ground, completely destroyed, with her knee knocked open. She covered her mouth with her hands and cried. Did she interpret too much? He saw her as a friend. Just because he was caring about her didn't meant that he felt the same too. Will they still be friends? But Deiji knew that from now on something has changed. It will never be the same and even if everything will be okay someday.

After some while she stood up and started knocking the dirt away from her pants ignoring her hurt knee. She inhaled and exhaled deeply telling herself everything will be okay. Maybe he was too nervous or something. Even though she knew that it would be ridiculous to believe her own innocent thoughts, she continued to think that way and to believe it.

She wiped away her tears and tried to look normal to go back to the camp.

At least she looked normal from the outside, although her inside was anything but normal. Her heart hurt so much that she started to think if that's how unrequited love felt?

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .