Chapter 1 - Bambi

This is my idea of how the romance between Gine and Bardock came about. From teammates to lovers. How did the tough warrior Bardock fall for the gentle girl with the bright Eyes.

~~~~~

Note: Dragon Ball belongs to Akira Toriyama

~~~~

Chapter 1

POV Bardock

"Come on guys, I want to see some more muscle. I have no room for wimps on my team. We are going to be the strongest team of the Saiyans. Come on, just a little more push". I walked past my men, training hard. But I wanted the best team, no excuses"

More teams were training in the training arena. There were combat rings, dummy dolls, weights and other materials. All donated by King Cold. We accepted it all eagerly. If we were not doing a task for Cold, we were training.

Just behind me I saw two sliding doors open, it was the general, he was holding the upper arm of a girl and he looked angry. He threw her to the ground, I heard him scream. The girl looked at the general with big eyes scared. I tried to ignore it.

Fasha came to stand beside me. She always had a feeling that women should help each other or whatever. She looked angrily at the general. I know what words can come out of Fasha. It's better that I deal with this before trouble comes. I sighed "go back to training; I'll go check it out". Fasha looked at me gratefully.

I walked quietly to the general and the girl. I heard the general's voice "you will become a warrior whether you like it or not. You will become a strong force, you will learn to fight little niece". Niece? Oh goodness I'm going to regret this I think. Slowly I joined the two.

"General, is there a problem?" I looked at the girl on the ground. Two large eyes looked at me, like a deer looking into headlights. "No Bardock, there is no problem. I'm just trying to teach this girl something". Smiling, I looked at the general "by making her lie on the ground? Your method is unfamiliar to me". The general was not exactly my favorite person.

"I don't think you, should interfere with us captain. How I train my niece is my choice". Then we heard a big bang, a little further down the training field. "Shit, Tyme's team is making a mess again, Gine stay put". The general walked away angry.

"Gine?" I saw the girl stand up. She was not tall, messy hair, cute to the eye. "Thank you" she stammered. "Your uncle isn't really the most pleasant person, just walk with me. If I leave you behind I'll have Fasha breathing down my neck". Together we walked to my team.

Fasha came right over to us "You okay girl?" I started sparring with Tora. The two women were standing off to the side, I could see Fasha getting worked up, I heard something about not letting someone walk all over you. Fasha was tough, a brutal fighter but don't mess with a fellow woman.

Then I heard the general roar "Gine!" The girl took a startled step back, Fasha stood beside her with her hands on her hips. She was ready for a fight. I had to intervene. Sighing I walked towards the general. "General, Fasha means well. Your niece needs training, don't get so worked up".

"Fine! Take her on your team then. She will drive you to the point of madness. You are already low class Saiyans anyway, she will fit in well with your brutal scum". And with that the general walked away, surprised we all looked at each other. The girl looked angry with tears in her eyes. "I'm in a team now? I have to do tasks for Cold?" This was not a good idea, right?

POV Gine

That was it. My life is over. Why couldn't Uncle just leave me alone. Stupid obsession with warriors in our family. I looked at Fasha, she meant so well but I am not a fighter. Then I looked at my new captain, he looked down on me like I was a child who had just peed in its pants. He was scary, handsome but scary.

"Welcome then, Gine. Let's start with what you have to offer. Attack me". The captain looked at me sternly, I flew at him but he knocked me away with ease. "What was that?" he asked in surprise. "I have never fought before ok!". I felt so out of place. The whole team looked at me in shock.

Sighing, the captain came to stand beside me. "How can you never have fought?" Fasha looked at me. "I've simply never been a fighter. I didn't want to be here either. My uncle has an obsession that I should fight". The team continued to look at each other. "Then we start with the basics, follow me bambi".

I walked behind the captain. There were all these weights. "We are going to start with strength, then speed and then come the fighting techniques." Strength I thought I had, but it was disappointing. I could see it in the captain's eyes too. He was not happy with me. I had clearly become a burden. But I didn't want to be that, I didn't want to let him down.

Two hours later, I was tired, broken and exhausted. I was sitting on the edge of a combat ring. Fasha came and sat next to me and pressed a bottle of water into my hands. She laughed entertainingly. Bardock the captain ignored me. My arms were shaking from exhaustion. Then the captain turned around "Gine, tomorrow 7:00 I want to see you here". He walked away.

POV Bardock

What have I done to our team. But this wasn't my fault, this was Fasha and her ideals. Now if we had ignored her. But anyway, it happened, she's on our team now. She had trained pretty well for someone without a fighting spirit. She didn't give up, I had to give her that.

On the way out, I ran into the general. "How was my little niece?" I wanted to slap that dirty smile off his face. "General, why do you want to turn someone with no desire to fight into a warrior? The whole thing is a complete mystery to me. Do you want her dead?" The general handed me a piece of paper "Better a dead Saiyans, than a Saiyan with no fighting lust." He walked away.

"She is not yet ready for a mission general. I knew exactly what paper I had in my hand. "I don't care about that Bardock, she's going with you." I crumpled the piece of paper as I tensed my fist in anger. He couldn't mean this.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~'

Thanks for reading the first chapter! Let me know what you guys think. I think Gine and Bardock are fantastic together, I hope I am going to do them justice with this story.

Xxx Vino-Lilly