Chapter 7 - Feeling save

POV Gine

The day after, late morning I walked quietly to the training ground. Yesterday Bardock had been training all day, I rested all day. He had come home late and fell asleep next to me in bed. It felt strange, but I didn't find it unpleasant. I began to blush at the idea again. Shaking my head I wanted to get rid of those thoughts. After all, he was my captain.

Two large doors slid open and I walked onto the training field. Not far away I saw my squad. With an arm around me, Fasha welcomed me back. Captain looked at me sternly "You are not fully healed yet, today won't be a tough training but tomorrow you will work extra hard". I nodded yes.

Fasha stood next to me "Bardock, I can teach her some ki blasts, a little help in the attack department seems good". The captain waved us away with his hand. As we walked away I turned around for a moment and saw him standing across from Tora. The men flew at each other. Fasha also turned around "with a little training you will get there".

Together we came to an open area of the training ground. There were dummy dolls; Fasha gave me a few tips. Personally, I had to admit, I was enjoying this. But that was also because we might have had the most fun, while giving dummy's names of annoying men and Frieza force figures.

POV Bardock

As I charged Tora, out of the corner of my eye I saw the women walking away. It was convenient for me that Fasha was taking on the training of Gine. Yesterday was good to train hard for a while and today I wanted to do that again.

We were sparring for about half an hour. As I elbowed into Tora's back and he fell to the ground I heard my name. The fight was over and I looked at the edge of the ring. Nappa? No, this one was bald and was slightly smaller and older.

The man walked away, I just followed him. The man turned and looked towards the open area where the ki shots could be practiced. The man looked at me again and began "She is a copy of her mother, it is almost scary. But it is really the daughter of Wusabu". Confused I looked at the man, he was talking about Gine.

"My son told me that her daughter had joined the force. I had to see it with my eyes. What I already thought was true". This man knew more "just what is going on old man. Tell me". The man shook his head. "Son do you know the ruin at the foot of Buzoku Mountains?" I knew that one, not understanding what was going on I gave a yes nod.

There was something about that ruin, when I was very young it had burned down I thought. "Wait? Wasn't that a temple?" The old man moved closer to me, he was just a little taller than me. He put a hand on my shoulder "it was tragic, but everyone knew that Wusabu spent her free time there. There was gossip that she was secretly together with a monk"

"But she was a warrior legend? How could she be with a monk, what was she doing there at all?" The old man began to laugh. "Legend yes, but that was not her choice. She was as gentle as her daughter there. But she was trained from the time she can barely walk and not given any choice. The poor girl, she was fast, strong and loved. But deeply unhappy, until she made visits to the temple. Her brother was not so happy about that and the rumor, of course. We can only imagine what happened, a pregnancy was not very welcome I think".

The man walked away, I stared at the open field on our training ground. Did Gine know about this? And her mother was just as gentle? So I can turn Gine into a warrior? If her mother can disappear off the map like that, surely Gine can too? I felt a fist against my shoulder, it was Tora. Time to train again.

POV Gine

After about an hour or two of training, Bardock joined us. Full of pride I showed what Fasha had taught me, we did a high five when it actually worked in one go. Of course he had to act tough to do the same thing ten times stronger. "That kind of jokes will cost you eggs in the morning" I joked as I pushed him in his side. "Don't joke about your eggs woman, please" he laughed.

Fasha rolled her eyes "Captain what are you doing here anyway". Bardock suddenly looked serious "we are summoned; we are to assist in a task. The planet was a bit tougher than they thought". I got a little nervous; I wasn't up to strength yet. "Gine!" The captain tossed a key. "You guard the castle; you have not yet been approved by the doctor."

Happy, I spontaneously gave Bardock a hug. Fasha and the captain looked surprised. "We have to go right away, see you soon Gine". I saw my squad walking away, quickly I headed towards Bardock's place. After all, I had no desire to run into my uncle or, for that matter, or a person like Tyme.

POV Bardock

"You guys having a good time, playing house" Fasha cast me an amused look. I took a deep breath. "She's staying with me until she gets an actual place to live. Her uncle is being difficult". Tora nudged me and whispered "speaking of her uncle". The general stood by the pods.

With our team, we tried to ignore the general. "Where is my little niece?" we suddenly heard. "She's still resting, she needed a little longer to recover" I growled. "I knew she was a weakling, she looked so pitifully sad in the medical machine too." With great effort I tried to remain calm.

I saw that Fasha wanted to say something and grabbed her wrist and shook no. "But then where is my niece? She wasn't in her house when I went to visit her". "General, that is none of your business. She is in a safe place". I couldn't give him too much information, I didn't trust him.

"Ah it doesn't matter, if she has her scouter I can always find her. Being with family is important for a young female. You don't know what's walking around." And the general walked away. "Captain ouch" I was still holding Fasha's wrist. All kinds of thoughts were flying through my head.

When I was in my pod I tried to contact Gine, I got no response. Then I called my neighbor, Leek. I heard how he knocked at the door, but no one answered. "Leek, this sounds very strange. But shout through the door that if she doesn't open I will fry eggs for her". Uncomfortably, I heard Leek carry out the command, but the door was opened this time.

POV Gine

For two days now I have been staying with Big Berta. Leek the neighbor of Bardock instructed that I should dump my scouter and go to pub; the captain did not trust my uncle. Leek came to give a message from time to time. I didn't feel comfortable just sitting at the bar. When I offered to help in the kitchen I got a real Big Bertha hug.

I was just bringing a plate of roasted meat to guests when I saw my squad come in. I flew towards my crew in relief. Fasha was the first to get a hug. Then I looked at Bardock "you're hurt" I screamed. "It's nothing really" he tried to wave it away. I grabbed him by his wrist "Bertha I will just use your first aid kit". Bertha made room so we could go behind the bar to the back.

With a quick movement, I pushed Bardock onto a table while grabbing the first-aid kit. "Why didn't you go to the medic center?" Bardock's face twitched as I dabbed alcohol on the wound. "For a little wound on my face? I thought it would make a pretty badass scar maybe". I shook my head in disbelief. "Plus I wanted to make sure you were safe first."

Surprised, I looked at him. He had his typical full of himself smile. My heart was beating like crazy. A hand was placed on my hip; another hand ran over my cheek. A tail swirled around mine. He looked at me with such intensity. My hands automatically moved around his waist to his back.

"Bardock" I whispered as he still looked at me intensely. "Gine" he replied softly. It was a force I could not escape. Slowly we were pulled towards each other. I felt his breath against me.

Brutally were we pulled out of our Trans by a loud yelling siren? Startled, I took a step backwards. Bardock stood up while still holding me by the hip "air alert, this means only one thing". Tora came running into the back room "Bardock there is an attack".