CH. 27

Alx P.O.V.

Ah, the fresh air is good. I needed to get out of that stuffy office. it wasn't helping me at all.

I finally gave up on trying to get any work done.

So, here I am walking around town. Breathing in the much-needed fresh air. Clearing my mind. At least trying to. Thoughts of her are not the easiest to get rid of. But it's a lot easier now that I've blocked Eric out completely. He was constantly filling my head with every possible thing that could go wrong with Shayla today.

Shit. Now I'm thinking about it again.

Think about something else. Anything else.

A blank page? No that just makes me think about work.

Ok. Let's change tactics. Look around. What do you see? Street signs. Sidewalks. Homes. Trees swaying in the breeze. That reminds me of running.

Running? Yeah, maybe I should go for a run. Let off some steam. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Yeah, that's what I need. A good ru-

*Sniff*

Shayla?

It's definitely Shayla.

"Where is she?" scanning my surroundings looking for her.

I can smell her. So, where is she? Her scent is getting stronger. And stronger.

There.

She just came around the corner. She's running? No, sprinting.

Why?

"Shayla!" Chris calling for her, still out of my sight. He must be running after her.

She's getting closer and closer to me. Her face is red.

Why the hell is her face red?

I half expect her to slow down after seeing me. But if anything she seems to only speed up.

She runs past me. And I'm hit with a wave of emotions, not of my own. The only one of which I can make out being pain. A deep pain.

What the fuck happened?

I run after her. Catching up to her with ease. Running in front of her I catch her with a bear hug. Making sure not to harm her. I will never harm her. But she's not going to make that easy for me, now is she?

The sparks. No, now's not the time.

"Let me go!" squirming in my hold, trying to push me away.

"Calm down." trying to hold her still.

"Let go!" Her eyes watering. Her attempts to get free becoming more frantic.

"Stop. You're going to get yourself hurt." Trying to calm her down.

"Let go of me!" Fighting against me even harder.

"Stop!" struggling not to hurt her.

With one final shove, she frees her self from me. And runs away from me. instinctively I chase after her. Coming face to face with Chris, she turns around and running at full speed. Stopping when she finds herself in front of me again. She takes a few steps back, only to stop. Remembering that Chris is behind her. She spins around trying to look for a way out. Leaving us the chance to close in on her. Sparring us each one final glance, she falls to the ground, admitting defeat. Tears turning into quiet sobs as she brakes down.

It pains me to see her like this.

Regrettably, a crowd has gathered. I can't be bothered right now.