Ch. 9

Chris’ P.O.V.

“So, how do you have money?” I ask justifiably confused.

“You of all people know that I don’t go anywhere without money.”

“Yea, I know that. But you said that you weren’t really thinking when you came here. So, you weren’t really thinking but you still stopped to think ‘hay I might need money’. But you didn’t stop to think ‘hey I might die’?”

“No. I had it on me before I decided to come here.” She answers, looking a little tired. It must be because she didn’t sleep well in the bathroom. Oh, and her body still got a lot of healing to do.

‘No. it’s because you said that you wouldn’t ask questions.’

‘Dam it. I forgot about that.’

Opening the shop door, I gesture for her to go in. And she does; while rolling her eyes that is.

“I still think that it should be my shout.” Saying this I can see everyone heads snap in our direction.

“No.” she too noticing the spying eyes.

“Come on. You almost died. It’s the least that I can do.” Making it seem like I didn’t notice them either. 

“No, Chris.” And she walks straight into the women’s section.

How come women barely take a few seconds to find the women’s section but men take hours to find the men’s? And why is the men’s section so much smaller than the women’s? No, seriously. The only clothes that I like look so similar that it looks like I’m wearing the same clothes all the time.

“Uh. I can not deal with this colour right now.” Shayla, waving her hand over all the brightly coloured dresses, shirts and skirts. It makes me laugh. Classic Shayla.

“I remember a time where your favourite colour was luminescent coral orange.” Sitting down as I watch her make her way throw the clothes.

“I was five.” She stats quite blankly.
Sister, you’ll never know how much I’ve missed having you around.

You’ve wanted her here to share this experience with her ever since you got the beta role.’

‘If she was by my side, I would have gotten the bate role a lot faster.’

‘If she was with you that day are you sure that she would still be with us today?’

‘What do you mean?’

If she was with you that day. The mere fact that there were two of you would not have been in your favour. They could have killed you both. Or killed one of you and let the other live. Even if Alx had let the both of you live. She would have been turned too. Do you think she would have survived?’

‘I’m sorry do you not have access to my memorise?’

Not all of them. No.’

‘Well… she most definitely would have survived. Even still I would never put her through anything like that. That was fucking painful. What I meant was her being at my side would have made it easier. I’m just saying that two of us make a good team; when we’re not at each-other's, throats that is.’

“Here could you hang onto these for me?” Shayla, handing me a pile of clothes before disappearing again.  

I probably should be keeping a close eye on her, encase anything goes wrong. Na, that would irritate her too much. She’ll be ok. She is Shay after all. And she’s still pretty close. Not even three 3m away. If need be, I’ll be by her side in a few seconds.