Ch. 8

Alx’s P.O.V.

‘Alpha?’ doc, hoping that he isn’t bothering me.

‘Yes, Doc?’ trying to think of this conversation and only this conversation.

‘The beta has requested that I release the girl after examination.’ Doc, being very professional.

I laugh slightly at the thought of Chris using those words; knowing that he never would.

‘Alpha? Should I prosed?’

‘Give me a sec, and I’ll be there.’ Leaving my desk and all the work that I was meant to be doing today.
I walk straight to her room. I don’t deviate from my path. But I don’t walk any faster than I would normally. Although the urge to is slightly overwhelming.

You don’t need an excuse to see her. She is our mate, dam it!’

‘If it was up to you the whole pack would know that she’s our mate. Without thinking about how she feels.’

She’s our mate! There is no changing that! Whether she likes it or not, does not matter.’

‘It does matter! Eric, she can reject us. It matters quite greatly. If we go about this the wrong way, she will reject us.’

She wouldn’t.’

‘You don’t know her very well my friend. Neither do I.’ pushing him to the side as I walk into the room.

“Alpha.” Doc, nodding his head.

“Alx.” Chris, nodding his head.

My mate just looks at me. My mate? Yes. My mate. I like that. She looks to her brother. I believe she’s wondering why I’m here.

"Good evening." Smiling at her as I sit in the chair.

Her eyes widen for a moment before she shakes it off? The doctor and Chris also give me their own confused looks. Is it really that bizarre for me to smile at someone?

Yes, it is. You only smile at very few people. And you never smile at strangers. They wouldn’t be looking at us like this if they knew she’s our mate.’ Eric, slightly angered.

‘Just because I ask a question, doesn’t mean you answer it’

She looks at her brother again.

“He’s here because he also needs to give you the all-clear.” Chris answering her unasked question.

She continues to look at him.

“Because you’re weaker than a werewolf. He needs to know that you can at least defend yourself long enough to call for help. Not that I would ever let that happen.” he answers again.

Neither would I.

She raises an eyebrow at him.

“No, I’m not doubting you’re fighting skills.” Chris, rubbing his eyes.

She smiles briefly. That smile. I want to see that smile again. No, you can’t do this now.

Yes, you can.’

‘Shut up.’

She gives him a slightly pleading look.

“Yes, he has to.”

She gives him a more pleading look.

“Again. That phrase can mean a thousand things coming from you.” Chris, raising his voice to show his frustration.

“Are you talking through mind-link?” I ask very confused, to be honest.

“I wish.” Chris, placing his hand in front of his face.