Ch. 14

Alx’s P.O.V.

“Shayla knew that something was up the moment I got there. One night she followed me. Grate at hiding that one. And well… she saw it all happen.” Chris explained, taking in a deep breath, looking out into the distance. He must be remembering the event.

‘she saw it all happen’, did she really see everything? Everything?

“Everything?”

“Everything” he answers eyebrows raised nodding his head.

“How’d she react?”

“How’d she react? Oh, yea. She was yelling, screaming and shouting.”

Shit that badly. That must have been hard for him. Having to deal with that.

 “Then she tackled me to the ground. And punched me a few times.”

“I’m sorry, what?”

He just laughs.

“Yea. She tackled me to the ground screaming and shouting ‘You lied. You asshole. You lied.’. Punched me a few times. Throwing me my change of clothes, muttering I don’t know what to herself, she left, allowing me to shift back. When I was done, I went looking for her; not that I had to go far. And she was back yelling some more. ‘How could you not tell me? What were you thinking? That I wouldn’t like you. Or that I would hate you. Or some crap. Hay?’ Then well… I told her the truth. I told her that I was told not to tell anyone. And I kind’ a told her that I thought that she would kill me. Well, because I did. Did that really piss her off. Shit, I thought she was shouting before; the two can not be compared. ‘Why the hell would I do that?!!’ Continuing to say every swear word she knew, repetitively. That was the first time I ever heard her swear. Then she slapped the back of my head. I could tell that she wanted to punch me, well, beat me to a pulp. But she was kind enough just to slap the back of my head.”

Wait ‘throwing me my change of clothes… she left, allowing me to shift back’. She attacked him in his wolf form. No, she couldn’t have wouldn’t have. Would she?

‘She did.’ Eric states proudly.

 “She attacked you in your wolf form?”  

“Yep. She had balls for a 12-year-old girl.” He confirms with a smile from ear to ear. He seems to think that this is hilarious.

??? ‘She had balls for a 12-year-old girl’, she was 12. She attacked a werewolf at 12. 12?

“12?”

“Yes, 12.” Chris only just manages to say before laugh hysterically. Eric decides to join him.

Me, well, I’m lost for words. Really lost for words. Wow. Just… wow. She’s amazing. And she’s mine. Just don’t make her reject you. No, now is not the time to be thinking of such things.

“Ok. Getting over the fact that she was 12. How’d she know that you would be able to understand her? And how did she know that you wouldn’t fight back?” I ask trying to regain my complexion.

He stops laughing to think for a moment.

“Um, never thought about that before. Um… The me understanding her part; I don’t know. The me not fighting back part; I really don’t think she cared.” His face dropping.

She didn’t care? She didn’t care. If Chris hadn’t had known that it was her; what then? I would have lost her without ever knowing her. Chris would have never returned. I would have lost my beta, the only person that I have ever thought to be a friend. I would have lost her, my soulmate. I could have lost them both. And the worst thing is, I wouldn’t have known how dear that lose was. I could have lost her. The mere thought sends a wave of anger through me.