Chapter 3

"It's okay Luffy! Just hurry and sit down, let's start the lesson." Mr Bones (or as Luffy called him by his first name: Brook") says.

"Okay!" Luffy enthusiastically marches to the back of the class.

Law glares at Luffy as he walks up to the desk next to him. Luffy notices Law and smiles widely. "Torao! We have a class together!"

Law averts his eyes from Luffy, his smile being too bright for Law to look straight at. "I guess so."

Luffy sits in his seat and sets his backpack down next to him. "How's your first day so far?" He asks.

Law lazily puts a thumb up, but really he feels the opposite. He's bored, and tired.

Luffy nods at his response. "I'm glad!"

Law doesn't respond and watches Mr Bones write something on the chalkboard about the Russian Revolution.

Luffy bounces his leg up and down. Law assumes he has a lot of energy stored in him. Luffy glances at Law. "So what did you eat for lunch?"

Law raises his eyebrow at the random question. "Uh what?"

Luffy chuckles. "Silly Torao, I asked what you ate for lu-" Law stops him by putting a finger over his own mouth, pointing at the teacher talking to the class about something.

Luffy looks at Law confusingly.

Law stares at Luffy for a while, talking in his features, where did the scar under his left eye come from? He puts those thoughts away, gestures toward the teacher and whispers. "Listen."

Luffy pouts and suddenly grabs his notebook, ripping out a page and scribbling something on it. He reaches over and puts the paper on laws desk, making sure to watch for the teacher.

Law looks at the paper and in the messiest handwriting he has ever seen, is written:

Let's talk on here :-)

Law almost wants to laugh at Luffys childishness. Law doesn't get why Luffy wants to talk with him so bad, cant he tell he just wants to sneak a little nap in this class? He's tired and is too lazy for any interaction at the moment.

Law looks at Luffy to see him staring back at law with a small smile, waiting for a response. Law takes his pencil and writes something on the paper, making Luffy smile wider.

Law hands it out to Luffy and he grabs it, opening it only to be met with a blunt response:

No

Luffy frowns and turns to Law, crumbling the paper in defeat and shoving it in his backpack.

Law scans Luffy and studies him a little more. He looks at Luffys outfit, and actually is surprised that it is decent. He's wearing a black sweater with a skull on it, blue jeans and red converse. Law assumed he just threw on whatever he saw the first moment he woke up, but it looks like he tried.

Law wonders why this guy is all up in his shit, does he wants to be friends with him? He hopes not.

Before he knows it, the class ends and everyone is getting up to leave.

Law quickly packs his things and hope he can get into his next class without having to talk to anyone, but Luffy of course wouldn't let that happen.

"Hey Torao! What's your next class?" Luffy stands in front of Laws desk, already ready to leave.

Law finishes packing and simply mutters "Psychology."

"Great! My class is on the way, mind if I walk with you?" Luffys gummy smile shows.