Chapter 23

The sun peaks its way through the curtains uninvitingly, and Laws face  scrunches up as he tries to hide away from the sun.

He knows he should probably get up. He could honestly sleep till the evening because he was up pretty late last night, but he knows he'll feel sluggish.

Law sits up slowly from his bed, and removes the comforter off his body. He rubs his eyes and tries to open them but they refuse to take in the sun just yet.

He sits there and remembers the night before. Homecoming. It wasn't so bad. Except for the part where his friends snuck in alcohol without him knowing and got drunk toward the end of the dance.

Thankfully, the only teacher that really noticed his intoxicated friends was Brook, and he let it slide, but ordered them to get home safely by a sober person. Which was Law. He was of course stoked about that.

Luffy didn't mind, and he rode along with him while he dropped off every one of his stupid friends at their houses. Law felt quite embarrassed, but Luffy was laughing the whole time and was quite entertained with his drunk friends.

Once all of them were dropped off, it was time to officially end the night by dropping off Luffy. Law did so, and was surprised when he didn't see his two brothers standing outside the apartment, waiting for him to come home.

Law was so glad he ended up going to homecoming with Luffy. He was irritated at the time, but is now glad Luffy marched up to their table on the first day of school. He's also glad Brook-ya assigned him to be his tutor. He met the most annoying person in his life and somehow eventually ended up being his boyfriend.

Law said goodbye to Luffy, along with a thanks for the good night. Luffy smiled and leaned in to Laws face which of course gave him a mini heart attack.

Luffy left a short kiss on Laws cheek and told him he had the best night as well. Law hated how easily the other made his body and thoughts out of control. That kiss on his cheeks made his heart thump painfully and his ears fucking burn like they always do.

Luffy left, entered his apartment, and that was Laws cue to head home. He instantly feel asleep after summarizing his Dad about the night.

Law forced himself to stand out of bed and make his way to the bathroom. As he tiredly looked at himself in the mirror, he noticed his eye bags getting darker by the day and a goatee growing in.

And then it hit Law.

'It's my 18th birthday today. I almost forgot.' Law thought, somehow his incoming goatee and eye bags remembering him about it.

Law wondered how this day was going to end up, but he should start it off by taking a shower. He feels gross from last night, dancing in that crowded cafeteria for hours, and then going straight to bed when he got home.

He did that, got dressed into some ripped jeans with a black t shirt. Law grabbed his phone from his nightstand and looked at the time: 11:08am. Decent.

And few missed calls? One from Shachi, Jean, and Luffy. He should probably call them back.

All while checking that, he headed downstairs. Before he had a chance to look up from his phone, his dad already sprints from the living room upon hearing Laws footsteps, almost tripping along the way, and he tackles him in a hug.

Law almost dropping his phone in shock and he became squished by his dads tight hug. "Dad! DAD! What are you-" Law couldn't muster out the rest while getting squeezed to death.

"Happy birthday! You're 18 now, I can't believe it!" His dad squealed into Laws ear and Law was starting to get annoyed.

"Jeez Dad i'm not a little kid, can you let go?!" Law had to admit, his Dad was strong and he didn't think he noticed that Law was slowly losing his breath.