Chapter 14

It's the end of the day. Law is tired, and knows he feels something toward Luffy. It's obvious.

Law has never blushed in years, and has now a few times throughout the last couple months, when it came to Luffy. He has also thought he was cute a few times, and he has been more aware of Luffys presence. He would scan the cafeteria every time he entered it, now expecting Luffy to run up to him and talk to him. Same with world history class. He watches the seat next to him, as well as the door, knowing Luffy is going to run though the door 1 minute before the bell rings.

Luffy has now permanently made himself apart of Laws life. And like Ikakku said at lunch earlier, Law doesn't mind it.

Of course his friends are going to be the first to figure out these things because they know him more than anyone. Plus, they know Law hasn't experienced a closeness like this before. Luffy just latches, and practically gives the other no choice but to go along with him.

That's what Laws friends have been trying to figure out these past couple of weeks. What is Luffys end goal? He's already become friends with Law, is that all he wants? They can't fully tell, but the way Law and Luffy have been acting toward each other, it's getting to be pretty clear.

Law never thought the day would come where he would want to talk to his dad about it. His dad is 95% of the time a clumsy flighty person, but Law knows the other 5% may hold some guidance.

Law opens the front door of his home, and as he expected, his dad is in the kitchen making some sort of food. Corazon texted him earlier about getting the day off.

Law can hear Bepos rapid running and he runs out of the kitchen to greet Law. He jumps up, only being able to reach his knee, and wags his tail.

Law smiles and bends down to pet him on the head. Bepo licks his hand in return.

"Law? Is that you? I'm making some salmon, want some?"

Law throws his backpack down on the couch and walks into the kitchen, seeing his dad standing near the stove. "Sure."

Corazon smiles and looks back at his cooking.

Law grabs a chair and sits at the kitchen table. Bepo sits next to him on the ground. Law looks at the chair next to him, and immediately thinks of when Luffy was eating goldfish there, goofing off when Law would try to tutor him.

His lips pull into a faint smile, but quickly loses it when Corazon turns around to Law.

"How was school? Didn't you get your grades today?"

Law nodded. "Yeah. I got A's on all of them."

Corazon beamed. "Of course you did! I have such a smart son! I'm so proud of youuuu~!" He ran to Law and placed his hand on his head, rubbing it roughly.

"Oi oi!" Law lightly removed his dads hand from his head. He's sure his hair was more crazy than it was earlier. "I'm not a kid anymore, dad, i'm a senior!"

Corazon laughed and put his hands on his hips. "Yeah yeahhh. I remember when you would take baths and cry when you fell-"

Law cringed. "Don't talk about my childhood, oh and the salmon is on fire."

Corazon nearly jumped out of place and rushed to the stove, yelping when the salmon emitted large flames. "Shit!" He turned off the stove and snatched the pan off the stove.

Law lightly snickered. "You can have that one."

Corazon sighed. He grabbed some more from the fridge and hoped he would manage to not burn this one.