Chapter 5

Law and Luffy were walking to their next class, after the talk with Mr Bones.

"Thanks for agreeing to be my tutor, Torao!" Luffy emphasized, looking up at Law, smiling from ear to ear.

"It's not like I had a choice." Law grumbled, knowing his grandpa had something to do with this.

Law stops walking, and turns to Luffy seriously. Luffy stops as well and tilts his head at Law. "Something wrong?"

Law sighs. "No, let's just start today so we can get this over with. Meet me in the front after school. Got it?"

Luffys face brightens and he jumps in excitement. "Am I going to your house??"

Law nods. "Yeah, it's just easier that way. If you don't show up within 10 minutes, i'm leaving."

Luffy laughs. "Okay! Let's continue walking or we will be late!" Luffy grabs Laws wrist and pulls him into the hallway. Law looks down at Luffys small hand wrapped around his wrist, and decides not to fight it. It doesn't bother him that much anyways.

Luffy stops in front of a classroom, and Law assumes that it's Luffys next class, Algebra. Luffy releases his wrist, and spins to face him.

"Bye Torao! See you after school." Luffy grins before waving to Law and walking into the room. Law looks down at his wrist as feels the warmth from Luffys hand linger. Law looks back up to see Luffy fully disappear into the room.

"Haha you guys look like a couple." A voice jokes, making Law turn around to be faced with one of Luffys friends.

"As if, redhead-ya. Shouldn't you be going to your class?" Law questions, starting to walk in the direction of his next class. Nami walks next to Law. "That's what i'm doing, but I couldn't help but stop for second to see your cute interaction with Luffy." She giggles, but then playfully slaps Laws arm. "And my name is Nami, not redhead-ya!"

"Whatever." Law mumbles.

"Soooo Luffy is going to your house later? How exciting." Nami comments. Law feels startled, not knowing their conversation was being heard by someone else.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Law scoffs, feeling that Luffys friends might not be normal either.

"Maybeee. That doesn't matter. Your his tutor now?"

Laws eyebrows furrowed and he was feeling irritated that she was invading his privacy. "Yes, what does that matter to you?"

Nami grins mischievously, not feeling an ounce of guilt about her actions a second ago. "Don't be so cold. Luffy is my friend and I just want to make sure the right people are coming into his life."

"Can't Strawhat-ya make those decisions for himself?" Law asked.

Nami shakes her head. "Uh not really, he would befriend anyone, anywhere. He doesn't think before he does something." Nami explains.

Law starts to feel more agitated with the conversation. "Well you won't have to worry because Strawhat-ya and I aren't friends. I honestly wish he would leave me alone."

Nami raises an eyebrow and then tries to cover a snort with her hand, but fails to, and releases a loud, long laugh. "If he wants to be friends with you, it's going to happen! You have no choice, Torao!"

"Don't call me that."

Nami wipes a tear. "And honestly, I think you guys will get closer than you think."

Law gives her a confused glance. "What?"

Nami shrugs. "Nothing, nothing, maybe i'm thinking to much. Anyways, see ya! This is my next class." Nami leaves Laws side and walks into the upcoming room.