Chapter 11

After playing a few more rounds of Mortal Combat, and losing to all of them again, Law looks at his phone to see a missed call from Corazon.

"I'm going to call my dad." Law muttered to Luffy. Luffy nodded, and continued to play the game by himself.

Law dialed his Dad, and it answered after a few rings. "Hey dad."

"Hey! I got your text, your at Luffys house right now?"

"Yeah. I'm not going to be home till late."

Law coud hear the interest in his Dads voice. "Oh? And why's that?"

"I'm buying Luffy dinner."

"Oh hoho, I see."

Law felt a vein pop out of his head. "Hoho? It's nothing your thinking, Dad."

"It isn't?"

"Ugh, are you done?"

His Dad laughed on the other side. "Yes yes, i'm done. It's because of the tutoring right?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Text me when you are on your way home."

"Okay I will. How's Bepo?" Luffy glances toward Law at the name, but quickly looks back at the match he was playing.

"Good! He eats a lot. Had to buy another bag of dog food today. His leg is doing great, he can walk normally now."

Law releases a small smile, glad that Bepo is better. "That's good."

"Okay, i'll be going now. Have fun with Luffy!"

"Sure, bye Dad."

"Bye Law."

Law hung up the phone and hopes to god Luffy couldn't hear the conversation. Why does everyone think Luffy and Law are doing....romantic things? Aren't they just hanging out like normal teenage guys? He doesn't understand.

Law thinks back on how Luffy reacted when Ace asked if they were going on a date. He was embarrassed, and Law wondered why so. Maybe the thought of going on a date with Law was embarrassing? He wouldn't blame him, Law is not a cup of tea. Law wouldn't necessarily want to go on a date with Luffy either, it's unimaginable. They are polar opposites. It just wouldn't work out.

Law looked at Luffy, who apparently finished his match. Luffy pumped a fist, and beamed. "I won!"

Law continued to stare at him, and Luffy noticed, meeting Laws eyes. "You okay Torao?"

Law looks away from Luffy. "Yeah."

"Was that Cora-san?"

Law nodded. "Yeah."

Luffy still stared at Law, and then scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry about what Ace said earlier."

Law was startled he brought it up, when he was literally thinking about it a second ago. "What?"

Luffy apologetically smiled at Law. "Sorry if it made you uncomfortable. I was mad he said that when you came to our home for the first time, I was scared you'd might run away, shishishi!"

Law took a second to let the explanation soak in, and smiled slightly. "It's whatever."

Luffy laughed, thankfully dropping the subject, and then looked excited all of a sudden. "Oh yeah! Who's Bepo? Dont tell me it's the-"

"Yes, it's the puppy."

"I knew it! So you did keep him! Bepo should meet my friend, Frankys dog! His name is Chopper!"