Chapter 22: Homecoming pt 2

<3

"TORAOOOOO WE ARE HERE!!" Pray for Laws ears, but Luffy yells again as he pointed to the high school like Law didn't see it right in front of him.

"Luffy-ya, I have eyes. I can see that." Law mutters as he pulls into the busy parking lot of the school, choosing a spot near the back.

Law hasn't even finished parking, when Luffy yanks his seatbelt off and throws the passenger door open. He jumps out of the moving vehicle and Law panics at the wheel. "LUFFY-YA-"

Luffy lands on his two feet and stands up straight, laughing wholly at the situation.

Law feels a vein emerge on his forehead. He parks, fully now in a annoyed mood and opens his door, trying not to slam it shut as he speed walks to where Luffy is standing.

"Luffy-ya, you've done that more than once, never do that again, you could seriously get hurt." Law frowns at him, and Luffy stops laughing to turn his attention to Law.

"Okayyy, Jeez! Your like Sabo I swear-"

"Oi Oi, I don't want to hear any of it." Law places an arm around Luffys shoulders and guides him to where the front of the school is.

Law hasn't even mentally prepared himself for the amount of people that will be there or the attention they might receive. He sees a little bit of the upcoming night as they approach closer and loud music is heard from inside the school. Law guesses it's about 7:10, so they aren't too late.

"Jesus fucking christ." Law mutters out before he realizes it, receiving a confused glance from Luffy.

"What is it?"

Law glances at the other from next to him, sort of enjoying the feeling of his arm being around his shoulders. PDA isn't so bad. "Just, didn't really prepare myself for tonight." Law didn't want to seem like a downer, so he tried to make it seem like it was more about the actual event than it was about the mentality. Actually, it was sort of both.

Luffy doesn't break the eye contact, even when Law does to look back up to where they are walking. Law feels a little concerned about the lack of response.

A few long seconds later, Luffy looks back to where Law is guiding him, finally speaking up. "No matter what happens tonight, or no matter what anyone says, I don't care, I will always like you. If your not comfortable yet, you don't have to tell anyone." Luffy says in his normal voice.

Luffy could tell what Law was feeling? He had to have, from what he just said to try and reassure Law. He stops walking, even though the entrance is just feet away, and he turns to Luffy, unwrapping the arm from his shoulders.

It's at times like this when Law really truly realizes how lucky he is. Luffy stands there still, waiting for Laws next move. "I'm serious, Torao."

Law fails to contain the little chuckle from his mouth, and it's not often when he does, but he smiles down at him. He takes the step that separated them and embraces Luffy in a hug.

Law could probably wrap his arms twice around Luffys lean waist, and the natural warmth of the other is something Law could never get tired of. He notices Luffy make a sort of surprised noise, and after a few seconds, he relaxes his head on Laws shoulder. Luffy snakes his arms up and around Laws neck, pulling him even closer than they were before.

Luffy had to stand on his tip toes to stay in the hug. Jeez, why was Law so tall?

Law lowers his forehead on the shorter males shoulder. He rests it there and realizes that Luffys heartbeat is beating just as fast as his own.