Chapter 8

It's been about a week since Law and Luffys first tutoring session. It's now a day before their first semester classes exams.

Law and Luffy are currently doing their last tutoring session. Luffy has been doing pretty good on paying attention and progressing in different subjects. Law assumes it's because of the bet they made, which is the most silly thing to be motivated about, in Laws opinion.

Law noticed that he has been getting more used to Luffys unusual behavior. The touching, the closeness, the never ending smiling. When Luffy and Law first met, Law thought it was the most atrocious thing, and would want to get away from him immediately.

He doesn't think it's too annoying now. But when Luffy calls him in the middle of the night about "the new episode of the germa 66", Law really has the urge to block him. First of all, he doesn't care about little kid shows like Germa 66, and second, Law made it clear to Luffy when he gave him his number that it was ONLY for school purposes and emergencies.

But what should Law expect from Luffy after the past 2 weeks of knowing him? This exactly.

They are at Laws house, sitting at the kitchen table like always. Luffy is snacking on some goldfish Law gave him out of his pure sanity, because Luffy has been whining for the last hour that he was "starving".

They have spent the whole session learning about Algebra, which is Luffys worst subject. Law is convinced he is going crazy when Luffy claims he understands the formula, but ends up getting -003.7 when the answer is 27.

Law snatches the goldfish box that Luffy has been snacking on, and gives him a serious look. Luffy whines and tries to grab the box out of Laws hand but is unsuccessful when Law stands up out of the kitchen chair and raises the box in the air. Luffy is no match for Laws height, so he slouches and crosses his arms. "Why'd you take the goldfish away Torao?!"

"I'm not giving this back to you unless you figure out the next problem and get it correct." Law bargained. Luffy looked at the goldfish in his hand, and then back down to Law. "That's not fair! I'm hung-"

"Do you want the goldfish or not?" Law interrupts, smirking when Luffy shuts his mouth and leans his head against the table, muttering out a quite "Fine."

"Do this problem, and try and remember the formula I taught you to use it." Law points at a equation on the textbook. He walks over to the kitchen and puts the goldfish on top of the fridge, knowing Luffy wouldn't be able to get it from there.

Luffy pouts as he watches Law put the goldfish on the fridge, now knowing he is completely serious. Luffy grabs his pencil and starts to try and figure out the equation on a blank piece of paper. Law comes back from the kitchen and sits back in the chair next to Luffy, watching Luffy scribbling numbers, trying to solve it.

"Strawhat-ya, you isolate the variable terms and then divide on both sides." Law corrects when he sees Luffy doing the equation wrong.

Luffy tilts his head and scans his equation, and then realizes Law is right. Luffy lightly blushes and quickly erases his mistake. "I knew that!"

Law widens his eyes at the pink color appearing on Luffys cheeks.

'Is he...embarrassed?'

Law stares at Luffy a little longer than he means to, fascinated with the new emotion he has never seen on him. He covers his mouth with his hand swiftly and tries to stop his laugh from bursting. Luffy finishes erasing and looks at Law, frowning when he sees the poor attempt to hide his snickering.

"Stop laughing!"

Law quickly recovers, and replaces his entertained sneer with a profound expression. "I'm not, continue the equation."