48

"nope. actually, youre absolutely right."

the elder's eyes widened. he couldn't believe his ears and he was beginning to think that he was hallucinating and hearing things.

"s-sorry?"

jisung sat at his seat calmly, giving minho a small but warm smile as he watched him act confused intriguingly.

meanwhile, minho was losing his shit. if it weren't for him swallowing his food just in time, he could've choked on the pasta after hearing the words that came out of the younger's mouth.

the elder laughed nervously, clearing his throat. "oh, oh! ah it was just a joke, i see. you scared me for awhile there sungie," he shifted in his seat awkwardly, but jisung didn't even bat an eye.

"i wasn't joking though?" the elder's eyes widened once again.

"you– you werent?" he questioned, shocked beyond words. "nope," jisung shook his head, giggling at minho's reaction.

"i saw the text earlier, sorry for peeping at your phone," he apologized, his eyes sparkling as he continued. "i honestly didn't expect that you'd–" minho shushed him from across the table, giving him a reassuring smile.

"yes, i like you very much hannie~ whether you expected it or not i did and still do. sungie youre amazing okay? please never forget that."

jisung nodded, thankful for the elder's affirming words. "thanks, i'm sorry i shut you out though. i thought you only liked me, or well, tolerated me as a friend, because i was j.one."

minho grabbed the younger's hands, holding them tight. "i don't blame you for thinking that sung, i know you had a hard time, but please don't think that way. you're a lot more than just simply an alternate identity. to me, youre sungie, the most adorable squirrel, and also the first person to ever make me fall head over heels over in the longest time. you're special in your own way sung, and so what if others cant see it? it's their loss for not recognizing how amazing you are, you should never put yourself down just for their mistakes."

jisung felt his eyes water, tears threatening to escape, and as minho noticed this, he stood up from his seat and walked over to the younger, embracing him in a tight, warm hug.

"i really do like you, a lot ji, youre perfect in your own special little way, promise me you'll never forget that alright?" he rubbed his hand over jisung's shoulder back and forth, giving the younger some reassurance and calming him down at the same time.

and with this, the younger broke down crying. "i like you too min, i'm sorry you had a hard time because of me."

"hey, look at me sungie," minho whispered, patting jisung's back rhythmically as he did so. jisung turned his head to look at the elder, the elder's heart breaking at the sight of the younger crying.

he smiled at jisung, gently holding the younger in his hands, using his thumb to wipe the tears off of his puffy cheeks. "i'd rather go through that a thousand times than have you cry or hurt. it's not your fault ji, i promise," he smiled, speaking with the honey-like voice that the younger loved to hear.

"t-thanks," jisung sniffled, beyond grateful for having minho by his side. "c-can we stay like this for awhile?"

the elder nodded, chuckling. "i wasn't going to let go of you anyway, i still want my hugs," he assured, grinning proudly as he pulled the younger closer to him.

jisung let out a loud giggle, resting his head in the crook of the elder's shoulder. "thanks for staying with me minnie."

"it's my pleasure," minho spoke, ruffling jisung's hair as he held him in his warm embrace, not letting go even as time passed.

a/n ::

i am 🤏 this close to just dedicating a whole chapter to minsung cuddling thEYRE TOO ADORABLE PLEASE 😭😭