ℂ𝕠𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔹𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 ☂︎︎

I looked down as I stirred the coffee, the swirling golden glaze within the cup, every shade of brown I adored, blending so perfectly. The aromatic smell making me smile as it filled my nostrils.

With the cup of coffee I was holding, I was still daydreaming of that garden back at the Academy, of how the flowers grew so wild and free and how mother nature was doing her own beautiful thing. I remembered me and Five playing in it when we were younger, before all the apocalypse shit, where we would just be free and have fun.

Where we were just being kids, enjoying our childhood. But of course we had to go and fuck that up.

I was snapped out of my inevitable daydream when from the living room I could hear the sounds of sizzling, mixed with gasps and screams, from Lila cauterizing Diego's knife wound.

"Shh Diego, don't move another muscle. This thing is very finicky", Lila demanded.

I stepped back from the coffee machine, that was next to a window, leaning against the doorframe and giggling childishly as I saw Lila straddling Diego.

"What happened?", Diego trembled as he looked down at his wound.

"I saved your pathetic life, that's what happened", Lila boasted, raising her eyebrows.

"What! Were you stalking me?", he grumbled.

"Excuse me! How about a little appreciation, knife boy. If it wasn't for me, you'd be dead"

Diego's eyebrows began to crease as he looked down.  "Where are my clothes? What the hell happened to my clothes?", he shrieked.

"For the last time, I said don't move!", Lila yelled, as she held down the piece of equipment she was using to cauterize his wound onto his delicate skin. Making Diego shriek.

"That's better!", Lila praised.

I heard a familiar energy whoosh and a flood of blue light as Five appeared behind me.

"Oh...He isn't dead then", Five sighed as he wrapped one arm around me. Pulling me close to him, as his other hand held a tissue on his neck where Pogo had scratched him. By now my coffee was gone, so I put the empty mug of coffee on the side.

"Disappointed then?", Lila said sarcastically, her eyes darting straight to the tissue Five was holding, immediately trying to think of a comment to toy with him. Or to just piss me off because she knows how protective me and Five are of each other.

"Oh, to see your presence? Always!", Five sniggered as he spacial jumped me and him onto the couch. I sat on his lap, snuggling into his blazer, the aroma of him making me hum in awe.

"So much hostility in such a tiny package. Oh, Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you to shave like a big boy?", Lila teased.

My body jolted up instantly, a cruel scowl was plastered on my face, as Lila's smirk only grew wider.

"Watch it Lady, or I swear to God I'll-"

"Y/n calm down, she's just playing", Five whispered into my ear, cutting me off, before kissing my neck. His grip around my waist tightening.

"Wow! They're both feisty, looks like a package deal", Lila scoffed.

"No I didn't cut myself shaving, I just ran into an old family friend", Five sighed as he removed the tissue from his skin, but before he could examine how much blood was on it, My hand gripped around his wrist, pulling it down to inspect how much blood was on it.

All of a sudden machines started beeping abruptly, making Elliot come rushing into the room, from his darkroom.

"Hey, we finally got one Five! One of those machines you asked me for is going insane", Elliot yelled out excitedly, while pointing at the flashing screen.

Five stood up, leaving me on the sofa. "Which machine is it?", Questioned Five.

"I think it's the atmospheric radar"

"Good! It works then", Five sighed in relief, turning round and smiling at me.

"I just don't get it though....What are you tracking? An upcoming storm? A hurricane?", Elliot asked, itching the back of his neck.

"Sound waves", Five smirked.

"Sound waves?", Elliot repeated, clearly confused. The beeping of the machine softening and echoing throughout the room. Five spun around, swiftly walked towards me, interlacing our fingers. "What...Where are you guys going?", Elliot said as we time travelled away.

"What is it?", I questioned as we skipped down the street.

"Vanya's sound waves, she's close by. We just need to find her"